Technicka 21
Brno, 61600
Czech Republic

"Dave..." ---06.05.2019 20:21:48---I may have a hard drive with failing health. In particular, it's possible that my FAT or MBR is/are

From: "Dave..." <dgcarlson@...>
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Date: 06.05.2019 20:21
Subject: [jaws-users] Assessing the Health of a Hard Drive
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I may have a hard drive with failing health. In particular, it's possible that my FAT or MBR is/are corrupted. Is there a JAWS-friendly program out there that will run diagnostics on a hard drive, doing read/write operations and other tasks to arrive at an assessment of the overall health?

Dave
Oregonian, etc. etc.

JM Casey

Hi.

I am pretty sure chkdsk in windows will assess and try to fix the mbr and other records on the drive.

Use the command line switch /f.

There are other utilities that can assess the health of your drive in various ways. I am trying to remember which one the fellow who built my computer used recently, but it seemed usable with JFW.

Definitely try running chkdsk from command line with parameter /f though