Topics

Odd behavior for addresses in Outlook 2019

JOHN RIEHL

Hi. I just got Outlook up and running on my new windows-10 computer running the latest Jaws. I’m noticing something very odd. Whenever I am in the To or CC line of a message I  want to send and enter an address or partial address, JaWS does not speak the name, as it did in my Windows-7 version of outlook. In fact, JAWS says nothing. If I enter the first letter of an address, I used to get a whole list of possibilities; now only one address shows up and it’s enterred in the To or CC field. What do I need to do to change this behavior?

Thanks!

Mr. Ed

After you type the first letter or so arrow down and see if there is some addresses.

Mr. Ed

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2019 4:19 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Odd behavior for addresses in Outlook 2019

Hi. I just got Outlook up and running on my new windows-10 computer running the latest Jaws. I’m noticing something very odd. Whenever I am in the To or CC line of a message I  want to send and enter an address or partial address, JaWS does not speak the name, as it did in my Windows-7 version of outlook. In fact, JAWS says nothing. If I enter the first letter of an address, I used to get a whole list of possibilities; now only one address shows up and it’s enterred in the To or CC field. What do I need to do to change this behavior?

Thanks!

TheHangMan

John,

Take a look at the outlook option menu, press Alt F, then T.

Arrow to the category you want to adjust and yours is the mail,

Now, tab across and adjust any setting you want, then go to the OK button .

If, you want to activate the BCC field, from a new mail press alt P, then shift tab to the BCC heading and press enter.

HTH,

Jorge

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2019 5:19 PM

Thanks!

Annette Carr

I have the same problem with JAWS not reading the list.  Down arrow does not do anything.  TAB takes me to the first name in the list and after that I cannot move through list.

Annette

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mr. Ed
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2019 7:26 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Odd behavior for addresses in Outlook 2019

After you type the first letter or so arrow down and see if there is some addresses.

Mr. Ed

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io

Thanks!

JOHN RIEHL

I propose that all of us having this problem contact JAWS support. This is clearly a JaWS issue that they need to fix.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Annette Carr via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, May 3, 2019 7:20 AM

I have the same problem with JAWS not reading the list.  Down arrow does not do anything.  TAB takes me to the first name in the list and after that I cannot move through list.

Annette

Mr. Ed

Thanks!

george b

Running latest jaws

Win 10 1809

Office 365 latest updates

I just went to outlook and did a command n for new email, typed in the letter j in the address field, and arrowed down and it had every email address I sent with the j as the first letter.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io
Sent: May 3, 2019 4:26

I propose that all of us having this problem contact JAWS support. This is clearly a JaWS issue that they need to fix.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Annette Carr via Groups.Io

Annette

Mr. Ed

Thanks!

Annette Carr

I think I am running Office 2016.  I do not know the build number.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of george b
Sent: Friday, May 3, 2019 7:37 AM

Running latest jaws

Win 10 1809

Office 365 latest updates

I just went to outlook and did a command n for new email, typed in the letter j in the address field, and arrowed down and it had every email address I sent with the j as the first letter.

Sent: May 3, 2019 4:26

Annette

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groupsio> On Behalf Of Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

Thanks!