From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2019 4:19 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Odd behavior for addresses in Outlook 2019

Hi. I just got Outlook up and running on my new windows-10 computer running the latest Jaws. I’m noticing something very odd. Whenever I am in the To or CC line of a message I  want to send and enter an address or partial address, JaWS does not speak the name, as it did in my Windows-7 version of outlook. In fact, JAWS says nothing. If I enter the first letter of an address, I used to get a whole list of possibilities; now only one address shows up and it’s enterred in the To or CC field. What do I need to do to change this behavior?

Thanks!

TheHangMan

John,

Take a look at the outlook option menu, press Alt F, then T.

Arrow to the category you want to adjust and yours is the mail,

Now, tab across and adjust any setting you want, then go to the OK button .

If, you want to activate the BCC field, from a new mail press alt P, then shift tab to the BCC heading and press enter.

HTH,

                                                                                Jorge

Hi. I just got Outlook up and running on my new windows-10 computer running the latest Jaws. I’m noticing something very odd. Whenever I am in the To or CC line of a message I  want to send and enter an address or partial address, JaWS does not speak the name, as it did in my Windows-7 version of outlook. In fact, JAWS says nothing. If I enter the first letter of an address, I used to get a whole list of possibilities; now only one address shows up and it’s enterred in the To or CC field. What do I need to do to change this behavior?

Thanks!

Annette Carr

I have the same problem with JAWS not reading the list.  Down arrow does not do anything.  TAB takes me to the first name in the list and after that I cannot move through list.

Annette