Topics

Accessible Weather Site

Rebecca Lineberger

Here is an accessible, easy-to-use site.

Press e to get to the edit box to type in your location.  When the page loads,

press 2 for heading 2 to get to your current conditions.  Press 2 again twice, or till it says detailed forecast, for a 7-day forecast.  Save the page to your favorites, or send it to your desktop.  You’ll not have to put in your location again, so just press 2 to get to current weather, as described above.  The link below just uses NYC as an example.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.7146&lon=-74.0071

Rebecca

A mind is like a parachute.  It doesn't work if it isn't open.

Blackwell, Clifford

Thank you very much.  That should do very nicely!

Here is an accessible, easy-to-use site.

Press e to get to the edit box to type in your location.  When the page loads,

press 2 for heading 2 to get to your current conditions.  Press 2 again twice, or till it says detailed forecast, for a 7-day forecast.  Save the page to your favorites, or send it to your desktop.  You’ll not have to put in your location again, so just press 2 to get to current weather, as described above.  The link below just uses NYC as an example.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.7146&lon=-74.0071

Rebecca

A mind is like a parachute.  It doesn't work if it isn't open.

Mike Rogers

Great site. Thanks for this.

Mike

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 15:44:26 -0400
"Rebecca Lineberger" <drlineberger@...> wrote:

Here is an accessible, easy-to-use site.

Press e to get to the edit box to type in your location. When the page
loads,

press 2 for heading 2 to get to your current conditions. Press 2 again
twice, or till it says detailed forecast, for a 7-day forecast. Save the
page to your favorites, or send it to your desktop. You'll not have to put
in your location again, so just press 2 to get to current weather, as
described above. The link below just uses NYC as an example.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.7146&lon=-74.0071

Rebecca

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it isn't open.

Kevin

I find it better to press f7 for forms mode find the untitled edit box, type in my zip press enter, then press f6 to get the headings.  I’m using google chrome that may be why pressing H doesn’t take me to the headings!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Here is an accessible, easy-to-use site.

Press e to get to the edit box to type in your location.  When the page loads,

press 2 for heading 2 to get to your current conditions.  Press 2 again twice, or till it says detailed forecast, for a 7-day forecast.  Save the page to your favorites, or send it to your desktop.  You’ll not have to put in your location again, so just press 2 to get to current weather, as described above.  The link below just uses NYC as an example.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.7146&lon=-74.0071

Rebecca

A mind is like a parachute.  It doesn't work if it isn't open.

Bob Hicks

Somehow, I missed the site.  Could you please repeat the url?  tia

Have a great day, 73

Bob Hicks, KC8CR

Windows 7 and 10 home 64 bit

Here is an accessible, easy-to-use site.

Press e to get to the edit box to type in your location.  When the page loads,

press 2 for heading 2 to get to your current conditions.  Press 2 again twice, or till it says detailed forecast, for a 7-day forecast.  Save the page to your favorites, or send it to your desktop.  You’ll not have to put in your location again, so just press 2 to get to current weather, as described above.  The link below just uses NYC as an example.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.7146&lon=-74.0071

Rebecca

A mind is like a parachute.  It doesn't work if it isn't open.

Mike Rogers

The site is right there in the original email, below your reply.

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 09:21:06 -0400
"Bob Hicks" <bob@...> wrote:

[...]

It’s in the email message