Topics

spam and thunderbird

leonard morris

I'm using the Thunderbird email client with jaws 2019 on windows 7. I have some email messages in my inbox I get daily which I no is spam. Is there away in thunderbird to make these specific messages get moved to the spam folder automatically?

--
"Every country has an idenity, history, customs, and culture. It's a unique landscape in determining how its people live, work and play."

Gerald Levy

Yes, there is.  Go to the message list in your Thunderbird In Box and highlight the message you want treated as spam and press "J". The message will be marked as  "junk" and directed to your Thunderbird junk folder.  Thereafter, Thunderbird will treat all messages from this sender as junk and automatically route them to the junk folder.

Gerald

On 3/16/2019 10:36 PM, leonard morris wrote:
I'm using the Thunderbird email client with jaws 2019 on windows 7. I have some email messages in my inbox I get daily which I no is spam. Is there away in thunderbird to make these specific messages get moved to the spam folder automatically?

Matthew Chao

My problem is the opposite: Almost every message gets a junk mail alert. How do I turn this off? Thanks.--Matthew Chao

On 3/17/2019 6:08 AM, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes, there is.  Go to the message list in your Thunderbird In Box and highlight the message you want treated as spam and press "J". The message will be marked as  "junk" and directed to your Thunderbird junk folder.  Thereafter, Thunderbird will treat all messages from this sender as junk and automatically route them to the junk folder.
Gerald
On 3/16/2019 10:36 PM, leonard morris wrote:
I'm using the Thunderbird email client with jaws 2019 on windows 7. I have some email messages in my inbox I get daily which I no is spam. Is there away in thunderbird to make these specific messages get moved to the spam folder automatically?

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Matthew,

See if the below helps:

Tell Thunderbird what is NOT junk

It as just as important to tell the filter which messages are not junk.

First, frequently, daily or weekly, check your Junk folder for good messages that have been incorrectly classified as junk by clicking on the Not junk
button, or using the upper case J on your keyboard. After the first week you should also check the junk folder for messages that are incorrectly marked
as junk, perhaps weekly.

Secondly, you must constantly train the filter by marking a quantity of GOOD messages as not junk - messages in your Inbox AND messages that have been
filtered into other folders.  You must use the keyboard upper case J, because there is no button - the "Not Junk" button appears only for messages that
have already been classified as junk. Marking several messages per week will be sufficient.  You can select many messages and mark them all at the same
time.  Note - unfortunately nothing in the user interface indicates whether a message has already been marked as "not junk".

Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2019 6:16 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] spam and thunderbird