Topics

Fix For Adobe Issue

Rebecca Lineberger

OK, here it is.  I called tech support.  Smile.

Adobe did something that Broke JAWS, as he said, but it’s easily fixed.

Open Adobe, either from the icon on your desktop, or from the start menu.

Press control-k.

Press s till you hear

Security enhanced.

There is a checkbox that says,

Enable protected mode at startup.  It’s checked.  Press the spacebar to uncheck it.

Tab to OK.

Tab to OK again.

Now it works as it should.

I’d gone into this menu when I was trying to find a solution, but I did not go to security enhanced.  That’s why we have tech wizards!

Rebecca

A mind is like a parachute.  It doesn't work if it isn't open.

Tom Behler

Thanks for posting these instructions, Rebecca.

They work well and are very helpful.

Tom Behler

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rebecca Lineberger
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 11:50 AM
To: JAWS Users List <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Fix For Adobe Issue

Press control-k.

Press s till you hear

Security enhanced.

Enable protected mode at startup.  It’s checked.  Press the spacebar to uncheck it.

Tab to OK.

Tab to OK again.

I’d gone into this menu when I was trying to find a solution, but I did not go to security enhanced.  That’s why we have tech wizards!

Rebecca

Melissa Hambleton

Thank you Rebecca for this information and taking the time to call tech support.

I tried it out and its perfect now! All the files I have that once read before are reading now with JAWS.

Melissa

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rebecca Lineberger

Press control-k.

Press s till you hear

Security enhanced.

Tab to OK.

Tab to OK again.

Rebecca

Rebecca Lineberger

Well, it would have helped if it had said somewhere that we were in protected view!  LOL.  Then we would have known what to look for in the menu, as we do in MS Word.  Everything works beautifully till they put in an update to fix something else.  Smile. 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Melissa Hambleton via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 5:02 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Fix For Adobe Issue

Thank you Rebecca for this information and taking the time to call tech support.

I tried it out and its perfect now! All the files I have that once read before are reading now with JAWS.

Melissa

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rebecca Lineberger

Press control-k.

Press s till you hear

Security enhanced.

Tab to OK.

Tab to OK again.

Rebecca

Louise Johnson

Hi thanks very much for this information it did help me.

One question all is there a linit to how many pages that Jaws will read when using JAWS recognition thanks Louise and princess Kiara

Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:50 AM

Press control-k.

Press s till you hear

Security enhanced.

Tab to OK.

Tab to OK again.

Rebecca

leonard morris

I can not uncheck the recent button at startup with any of the Jaws 2019 options including spacebar, route jaws to PC and left mouse, click, or the enter key. This is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version 19.10.20098.316574 I'm currently using.

On 3/13/2019 6:04 AM, Louise Johnson wrote:

One question all is there a linit to how many pages that Jaws will read when using JAWS recognition thanks Louise and princess Kiara

Press control-k.

Press s till you hear

Security enhanced.

Tab to OK.

Tab to OK again.

Rebecca

-- 
"Every country has an idenity, history, customs,  and culture. It's a unique landscape in determining how its people live, work and play."

Rebecca Lineberger

The recent button works just as it does in Word—giving you a quick way to reach files you’ve recently read, so you don’t have to go hunting for them.

If you shift-tab once, you can clear the list of recently opened files.  You should be on a clear recent button.  But again, if you do this, you will not be able to tab to all the files you’ve opened.  I don’t know how many files it holds in the list, but my list went back several months, since I don’t use Adobe often. 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of leonard morris
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 7:59 PM

I can not uncheck the recent button at startup with any of the Jaws 2019 options including spacebar, route jaws to PC and left mouse, click, or the enter key. This is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version 19.10.20098.316574 I'm currently using.

Press control-k.

Press s till you hear

Security enhanced.

Tab to OK.

Tab to OK again.

Rebecca

-- 
"Every country has an idenity, history, customs,  and culture. It's a unique landscape in determining how its people live, work and play."

Adrian Spratt

Leonard, the “recent” button is not a checkbox. This is probably obvious in light of Rebecca’s very useful explanation, but I mention it just in case.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of leonard morris
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 7:59 PM

Press control-k.

Press s till you hear

Security enhanced.

Tab to OK.

Tab to OK again.

Rebecca

-- 
"Every country has an idenity, history, customs,  and culture. It's a unique landscape in determining how its people live, work and play."