Topics

March Update Of JAWS

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Does anyone know when it is expected please?

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

From what I heard Steve it will be on Tuesday the 12th. More INJFO can be had on FS Cast which came out today.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Does anyone know when it is expected please?

Dennis L

It looks like an awesome update.  Listen to the FS cast.  Nice Job Eric.

Does anyone know when it is expected please?

John Gassman <johngassman@...>

Although March 12 was the target date, it is now sometime during the week of CSUN which is this up coming week.

John
At 12:37 PM 3/8/2019, Lino Morales wrote:
From what I heard Steve it will be on Tuesday the 12th. More INJFO can be had on FS Cast which came out today.

Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows 10

----------

Does anyone know when it is expected please?

JAWS Certified, 2014.

Pat Seed

Hi John and All,
March 12th is this coming Tuesday. So, I guess that means that the update would be available this coming week.
Blessings and All the Very Best,
Pat Seed
(807) 473-0909

Does anyone know when it is expected please?

JAWS Certified, 2014.

Dennis L

It looks really good. I would love to see it Monday smile.

Although March 12 was the target date, it is now sometime during the week of
CSUN which is this up coming week.

John
At 12:37 PM 3/8/2019, Lino Morales wrote:
From what I heard Steve it will be on Tuesday the 12th. More INJFO can
be had on FS Cast which came out today.

From: <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io
Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via Groups.Io
Does anyone know when it is expected please?

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient please inform the
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or
take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS
staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient
data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited
email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch,
<https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail>https://portal.nhs.net
/help/joiningnhsmail

JAWS Certified, 2014.
<http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification>http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification

JAWS Certified, 2014.

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Susie,

Do you mean, can you use the link to update your Jaws 18 or do you mean can you use the link to update & upgrade to the latest Jaws version which is Jaws2019?  Each Jaws version has it's own update links.  You can't use a J2019 link to update J18 but, you can use a J2019 update download link to upgrade to this version or to update a currently installed version.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:53 PM

Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2019 4:48 PM

Would someone send the link for the update?

Susie Stanzel

> Although March 12 was the target date, it is now sometime during the week
> of CSUN which is this up coming week.
>
> John
>  At 12:37 PM 3/8/2019, Lino Morales wrote:
>> From what I heard Steve it will be on Tuesday the 12th. More INJFO can be

>> had on FS Cast which came out today.
>>
>>Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows

>>10
>>

>>----------

Susan Stanzel

Hi Mike,

I have been afraid of updating to 2019 because I keep hearing of these problems. Please send out the link to install 2019 after the latest update if it is safe. I use outlook and firefox.

Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:53 PM

Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2019 4:48 PM

Would someone send the link for the update?

Susie Stanzel

> Although March 12 was the target date, it is now sometime during the week
> of CSUN which is this up coming week.
>
> John
>  At 12:37 PM 3/8/2019, Lino Morales wrote:
>> From what I heard Steve it will be on Tuesday the 12th. More INJFO can be

>> had on FS Cast which came out today.
>>
>>Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows

>>10
>>

>>----------

Jason White

In my experience, JAWS 2019 is more reliable and gives better performance than previous versions that I’ve used, including 18. The improvements in Microsoft Office support are noticeable as well.

Note also that you can keep old versions installed in case you want to downgrade for any reason. I’ve never found this necessary, though, and I’m a fairly demanding user of screen readers.

From: <jaws-users-list@groups.io> on behalf of Susan Stanzel <slstanzel@...>
Date: Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 20:23
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>

Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:53 PM

Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2019 4:48 PM

Would someone send the link for the update?

Susie Stanzel

> Although March 12 was the target date, it is now sometime during the week
> of CSUN which is this up coming week.
>
> John
>  At 12:37 PM 3/8/2019, Lino Morales wrote:
>> From what I heard Steve it will be on Tuesday the 12th. More INJFO can be

>> had on FS Cast which came out today.
>>
>>Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows

>>10
>>

>>----------

Why not have both Jaws versions installed?  It's good to do this so if one version gives you problems you then switch to the other.  Also, you may not experience the problems others might be having.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 5:23 PM

Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:53 PM

Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2019 4:48 PM

Would someone send the link for the update?

Susie Stanzel

> Although March 12 was the target date, it is now sometime during the week
> of CSUN which is this up coming week.
>
> John
>  At 12:37 PM 3/8/2019, Lino Morales wrote:
>> From what I heard Steve it will be on Tuesday the 12th. More INJFO can be

>> had on FS Cast which came out today.
>>
>>Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows

>>10
>>

>>----------

I agree 2019 works great is snappy stable and getting better all the time.  Just because someone has issues doesn’t mean you will everyone’s setup is different everyone is a different user as well.  Some things may be things that need to be turned off or on for something to work as expected.  For example if you didn’t want Firefox to update and you didn’t turn off updates and it updated that isn’t a Jaws issue so just because someone has an issue with program x doesn’t mean it’s a Jaws issue.

From: <jaws-users-list@groups.io> on behalf of Susan Stanzel <slstanzel@...>
Date: Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 20:23
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>

Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:53 PM

Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2019 4:48 PM

Would someone send the link for the update?

Susie Stanzel

> Although March 12 was the target date, it is now sometime during the week
> of CSUN which is this up coming week.
>
> John
>  At 12:37 PM 3/8/2019, Lino Morales wrote:
>> From what I heard Steve it will be on Tuesday the 12th. More INJFO can be

>> had on FS Cast which came out today.
>>
>>Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows

>>10
>>

>>----------

Tom Behler

For what it’s worth, I agree with Jason.

So far, I’ve found Jaws 2019 to be quite stable and reliable, with relatively few issues.

Tom Behler

From: <jaws-users-list@groups.io> on behalf of Susan Stanzel <slstanzel@...>
Date: Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 20:23
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>

Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:53 PM

Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2019 4:48 PM

Would someone send the link for the update?

Susie Stanzel

> Although March 12 was the target date, it is now sometime during the week
> of CSUN which is this up coming week.
>
> John
>  At 12:37 PM 3/8/2019, Lino Morales wrote:
>> From what I heard Steve it will be on Tuesday the 12th. More INJFO can be

>> had on FS Cast which came out today.
>>
>>Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows

>>10
>>

>>----------

I thought I would just like to just install the 2019 when the latest update comes out. I have switched to Firefox and I guess things do not seem the same as they did in Internet Explorer. Please send me the link to install the latest 2019 when it comes out.

Susie Stanzel

Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:53 PM

Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2019 4:48 PM

Would someone send the link for the update?

Susie Stanzel

> Although March 12 was the target date, it is now sometime during the week
> of CSUN which is this up coming week.
>
> John
>  At 12:37 PM 3/8/2019, Lino Morales wrote:
>> From what I heard Steve it will be on Tuesday the 12th. More INJFO can be

>> had on FS Cast which came out today.
>>
>>Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows

>>10

O.k. thanks, I will wait for that.

Does anyone know when it is expected please?