Topics

2 Part Word Question

JERRY MARTIN

Morning all.

I have a 2 part question regarding Word 13, Using Jaws 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop.

First, if a word document has multiple tables, and I want to remove them all, is there a way to do this all at once, or do I have to do them one at a time systematically?
Second, what would cause a word document to stop working, and I get the message: Word is not responding, and what would be a remedy? Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Larry Volk

I too have seen the same problem ‘not responding’ but I get it with Windows Media player and last night while renaming a file the ‘file not responding’ message came up. As for the Windows Media Player I spent many hours with Microsoft, right up to the top level technician and the problem was never resolved. So I too would like to know if there is a solution to this problem.

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...
Sent: July 26, 2019 8:02 AM
To: jaws-users-list
Subject: [jaws-users] 2 Part Word Question

Morning all.

I have a 2 part question regarding Word 13, Using Jaws 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop.

First, if a word document has multiple tables, and I want to remove them all, is there a way to do this all at once, or do I have to do them one at a time systematically?

Second, what would cause a word document to stop working, and I get the message: Word is not responding, and what would be a remedy? Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Adrian Spratt

Hi.

Regarding your first question, I’m guessing that the method Ann posted the other day will be the most convenient. Cut the entire document and paste it into Notepad, and then re-copy it back to your Word document. Note that you will lose all formatting. In my case, I have my word documents set at my chosen default for line-spacing, etc., so the most I need worry about is italicizing, bolding, etc. Still, there are times when this method is too drastic.

That “Word is not responding” message is all too familiar. I have no remedy beyond pressing alt-F4 and then waiting for a new message to appear offering to close the program. I accept and start over. All the more reason to ensure you back up your files and that you regularly save open files.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 10:02 AM
To: jaws-users-list <jaws-users-list@groups.io>

Morning all.

Jerry

Hamit Campos

How old are your guys's computers? I really see this on super mad old computers. Thanks be on to God I've not seen the not responding thing with word but have with Windows Media Player File exploreo and on a real real old PC even JAWS itself. lol

On 7/26/2019 10:44 AM, Larry Volk wrote:

I too have seen the same problem ‘not responding’ but I get it with Windows Media player and last night while renaming a file the ‘file not responding’ message came up. As for the Windows Media Player I spent many hours with Microsoft, right up to the top level technician and the problem was never resolved. So I too would like to know if there is a solution to this problem.

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...

Morning all.

Jerry

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Larry Volk

My computer is about 2-3 years old, it’s an MSI.

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: July 26, 2019 8:54 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] 2 Part Word Question

How old are your guys's computers? I really see this on super mad old computers. Thanks be on to God I've not seen the not responding thing with word but have with Windows Media Player File exploreo and on a real real old PC even JAWS itself. lol

Larry

Morning all.

Jerry

david

check out the following;

https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/word/1208-word-remove-delete-all-tables.html

The impossible is the untried,  Never under estimate the power of a dream.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Volk
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 11:20 AM

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit Campos

Larry

Morning all.

Jerry

Glenn / Lenny

Adrian,
I think you mean copy and paste it.
That is an important distinction that often gets misused.
I think it's a reflection of "old school" when we actually did cut and paste.
But for those who don't know, in computer work, they are two different things.

Glenn

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:50 AM

Hi.

Regarding your first question, I’m guessing that the method Ann posted the other day will be the most convenient. Cut the entire document and paste it into Notepad, and then re-copy it back to your Word document. Note that you will lose all formatting. In my case, I have my word documents set at my chosen default for line-spacing, etc., so the most I need worry about is italicizing, bolding, etc. Still, there are times when this method is too drastic.

That “Word is not responding” message is all too familiar. I have no remedy beyond pressing alt-F4 and then waiting for a new message to appear offering to close the program. I accept and start over. All the more reason to ensure you back up your files and that you regularly save open files.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...

Morning all.

Jerry

Hamit Campos

Ooooo I so want the MSI Trident X my homy. But that's for off list if you wish to shair with me which MSI you have and stuff. Back to the topic at hand if a desktop and even a laptop if 2 yeears oldthat's a little too early for this. Again maybe it's just aging faster. My PCs have don  this at 5. The 1 that  does it most is from 2007 so to be expected I guess. Oh you know what else does this not responding thing now I think of it? Chicken Nugget. It too has done this.

On 7/26/2019 11:20 AM, Larry Volk wrote:

Larry

Larry

Morning all.

Jerry

Adrian Spratt

Hi, Glenn. Actually, in this case I did mean what I wrote, although I’m glad you’re making sure. If you just copy text, it remains where you had it. If you cut it, you remove it from that place. Here, the idea is to return the original text with unwanted formatting removed. You don’t want to paste a second copy of the same material into the original file.

For the record, copy is control-c. cut is control-x.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 12:53 PM

Adrian,

I think you mean copy and paste it.

That is an important distinction that often gets misused.

I think it's a reflection of "old school" when we actually did cut and paste.

But for those who don't know, in computer work, they are two different things.

Glenn

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:50 AM

Hi.

Morning all.

Jerry