From: Mike B.
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2019 5:40 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Openbook & Windows 7

Hi All,

A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which.  Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer.  What is the earliest / oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit?  He has Openbook 7, will this work?  All advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

netbat66

about the only thing that might not work when you try to install it is the freedom import printer program.
it will tell you your windows version is not supported when it tries to install.

A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which. Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer. What is the earliest / oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit? He has Openbook 7, will this work? All advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for your reply.  The latest will work but, this friend doesn't have the latest.  He only has OB7, and that's why I'm trying to find out what are the earlier / older OB versions that'll work with Windows 7.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which.  Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer.  What is the earliest / oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit?  He has Openbook 7, will this work?  All advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Netbat,

Thank you very much for your reply and the tip about the freedom import printer.  We'll give it a go and see what happens and if he ever has to use the F I printer we'll see how to handle it at that point.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which.
Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer.  What is the earliest /
oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit?  He has Openbook 7, will
this work?  All advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Glenn / Lenny

I installed OB 7 on a friend's Windows 7.

Thanks for your reply.  The latest will work but, this friend doesn't have the latest.  He only has OB7, and that's why I'm trying to find out what are the earlier / older OB versions that'll work with Windows 7.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which.  Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer.  What is the earliest / oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit?  He has Openbook 7, will this work?  All advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Glenn,

Okay cool, thank you very much for the verification.  I'll install it and we'll go from there.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

I installed OB 7 on a friend's Windows 7.

Thanks for your reply.  The latest will work but, this friend doesn't have the latest.  He only has OB7, and that's why I'm trying to find out what are the earlier / older OB versions that'll work with Windows 7.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which.  Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer.  What is the earliest / oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit?  He has Openbook 7, will this work?  All advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Andy

At work I ran OB 9 with Win 7 and the Pearl camera with no issues.
Andy

A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which.
Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer. What is the earliest /
oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit? He has Openbook 7, will
this work? All advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your reply.  I understand OB9 will work but, the person I'll be installing OB for doesn't have OB9 only OB7.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

At work I ran OB 9 with Win 7 and the Pearl camera with no issues.
Andy

A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure
which.
Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer.  What is the earliest /
oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit?  He has Openbook 7, will
this work?  All advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Dave... <dgcarlson@...>

Mike,

OB 7? That's at least 8 years old. Just give it a try, I guess.

Dave

A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which.  Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer.  What is the earliest / oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit?  He has Openbook 7, will this work?  All advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Dave,

Well, that's what the person has, so I'll try installing and go from there.  Thanks much.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

OB 7? That's at least 8 years old. Just give it a try, I guess.

Dave

A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which.  Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer.  What is the earliest / oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit?  He has Openbook 7, will this work?  All advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Dave... <dgcarlson@...>

Okay, and I was wrong...it's actually 15 years old.

Dave

Well, that's what the person has, so I'll try installing and go from there.  Thanks much.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
OB 7? That's at least 8 years old. Just give it a try, I guess.

Dave

A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which.  Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer.  What is the earliest / oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit?  He has Openbook 7, will this work?  All advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Oh what the hell, 8 or 15 years, what's the difference, either or, is considered totally ancient as far as computer technology goes these days!  LOL  LOL  The person I'm installing it for is more than 5 times the 15 years age of OB7 so they'll get along quite well.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Okay, and I was wrong...it's actually 15 years old.

Dave

Well, that's what the person has, so I'll try installing and go from there.  Thanks much.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
OB 7? That's at least 8 years old. Just give it a try, I guess.

Dave

A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which.  Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer.  What is the earliest / oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit?  He has Openbook 7, will this work?  All advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Gerald Levy

When I set up my current Windows 7 desktop three years ago, I was told by Freedom Scientific that I needed to update from Open Book 7 to OB 9 because the older version, which I was using on my XP machine,  would not work.  They charged me about $300 for the upgrade.

Gerald

On 2/18/2019 8:29 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi Glenn,

Thanks for your reply.  The latest will work but, this friend doesn't have the latest.  He only has OB7, and that's why I'm trying to find out what are the earlier / older OB versions that'll work with Windows 7.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which.  Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer.  What is the earliest / oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit?  He has Openbook 7, will this work?  All advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for the headsup.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which.  Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer.  What is the earliest / oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit?  He has Openbook 7, will this work?  All advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Glenn / Lenny

It's a shame they told you that.

A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which.  Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer.  What is the earliest / oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit?  He has Openbook 7, will this work?  All advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Vicky Vaughan

I am still using Openbook 8 on my Windows 7 computer without any problems.

Sincerely Vicky V

A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which.  Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer.  What is the earliest / oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit?  He has Openbook 7, will this work?  All advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.

Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Ann Byrne

There are two versions of Openbook 8: 1 works with windows 7 and one does not. I remember FS sending me the disk for the Windows 7 version when I upgraded my computer. It is probably on the Vispero website, but I haven't had to look for it.

Good luck.

At 09:23 PM 2/21/2019, you wrote:
I am still using Openbook 8 on my Windows 7 computer without any problems.

Sincerely Vicky V

A friend is running Windows 7 32 bit & Jaws 13 or 15, I'm not quite sure which. Anyways, I need to install Openbook on his computer. What is the earliest / oldest version that will work on Windows 7 32 bit? He has Openbook 7, will this work? All advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks mooy moocho.
Take Care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&;utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
[]
Virus-free. <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&;utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>www.avg.com