From: Kevin
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2019 6:38 AM
Subject: [jaws-users] folder contents

Something very strange is happening when I open a specific folder.  I have 11 items in that folder, and when jaws reads each item jaws says

2 expanded then jaws announces the item

And through out all of the contents jaws will announce either expanded or collapsed!  What is happening and how do I fix it so jaws doesn’t say expanded or collapsed for each item?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

JM Casey

This is in file explorer?

Odd indeed. As you probably know, “collapsed” and “expanded” usually indicates the state of something like a menu or other items that you open and close to see more options or information.

You tried reloading your screen-reader since this started happening?

Is it only on this particular folder that this happens?

Something very strange is happening when I open a specific folder.  I have 11 items in that folder, and when jaws reads each item jaws says

2 expanded then jaws announces the item

And through out all of the contents jaws will announce either expanded or collapsed!  What is happening and how do I fix it so jaws doesn’t say expanded or collapsed for each item?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Kevin

Thanks Mike

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Have the View / Sort by, Name, and in Group By, have, None, selected.

Take Care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

Something very strange is happening when I open a specific folder.  I have 11 items in that folder, and when jaws reads each item jaws says

2 expanded then jaws announces the item

And through out all of the contents jaws will announce either expanded or collapsed!  What is happening and how do I fix it so jaws doesn’t say expanded or collapsed for each item?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

netbat66

one thing you have to do is press enter on the folder then tab to the contents of that folder. then it won't say that.
you press alt left arrow to close the folder you were in.
you will get what you describe if all you do is go to a folder and right arrow to open the folder list.

Something very strange is happening when I open a specific folder. I have 11 items in that folder, and when jaws reads each item jaws says

2 expanded then jaws announces the item

And through out all of the contents jaws will announce either expanded or collapsed! What is happening and how do I fix it so jaws doesn’t say expanded or collapsed for each item?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Glenn / Lenny

I have mine set to sort by date, because I don't always remember the file names, but I remember approximately how long ago I got a file.
So I go to the end of the list for the latest file.