From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of
Mike Rogers
Sent: February 11, 2019 4:33 PM
To: Jaws Users List <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Concerning Waterfox and installation

Once you open the set up, does it install and you can use it, or do you have
to know some special code numbers to complete installment. I've never set
up any of my browsers myself.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

Mike Rogers

Thanks.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 16:46:47 -0500
"JM Casey" <jmcasey@...> wrote:

Just run the setup, and follow the prompts.

Once you open the set up, does it install and you can use it, or do you have
to know some special code numbers to complete installment. I've never set
up any of my browsers myself.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

sandy

give it a try, it's easy, just follow the steps

Once you open the set up, does it install and you can use it, or do you have to know some special code numbers to complete installment. I've never set up any of my browsers myself.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

Mike Rogers

Thanks. I will.

Mike

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

-----Original Message----- From: Mike Rogers
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 3:33 PM
To: Jaws Users List

Once you open the set up, does it install and you can use it, or do you have to know some special code numbers to complete installment. I've never set up any of my browsers myself.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

Josh Kennedy

is waterfox better than regular firefox? if so, why is this?

JM Casey

I don’t know if it’s better. It does seem to be running faster than firefox does on my system at the moment. It also apparently can use multi-process architecture like Firefox does now. I believe it is compatible with some of the old add-ons that no longer work in the re-designed Firefox. If you have old add-ons that you want to use, therefore, I think that could be one of the strongest arguments for using this programme, but I personally am not really running any add-ons at the moment, not even noscript, which started to be a pain in the arse to use.

is waterfox better than regular firefox? if so, why is this?

netbat66

it is going to run faster because it is useing the 64 bit format. not 32 bit like firefox.
other then this both are the same. all the menus and shortcuts are the same. falso jaws does not pause randomly for about 10 seconds, waiting for the screen to refresh like it does with firefox because it is refreshing the screen faster.

I don’t know if it’s better. It does seem to be running faster than firefox does on my system at the moment. It also apparently can use multi-process architecture like Firefox does now. I believe it is compatible with some of the old add-ons that no longer work in the re-designed Firefox. If you have old add-ons that you want to use, therefore, I think that could be one of the strongest arguments for using this programme, but I personally am not really running any add-ons at the moment, not even noscript, which started to be a pain in the arse to use.

is waterfox better than regular firefox? if so, why is this?

JM Casey

What do you mean by this? Firefox has both a 32 and 64-bit version. I run the 64-bit version of Firefox because I have a 64-bit machine. Are you claiming that the 64-bit version of Firefox does not actually take advantage of 64-bit architecture? That's an honest question because I have never heard such a claim before.

it is going to run faster because it is useing the 64 bit format. not 32 bit like firefox.
other then this both are the same. all the menus and shortcuts are the same.
falso jaws does not pause randomly for about 10 seconds, waiting for the screen to refresh like it does with firefox because it is refreshing the screen faster.

is waterfox better than regular firefox? if so, why is this?

chris judge

I installed waterfox just this morning and encountered no issues.

give it a try, it's easy, just follow the steps

Once you open the set up, does it install and you can use it, or do you have
to know some special code numbers to complete installment. I've never set
up any of my browsers myself.

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

netbat66

all i know is when i downloaded version 64 bit it installed the 32 bit version on my windows 64 bit computer.
i was also going by what the waterfox web site says as of jan 2019 that the consumer version of firefox was still 32 bit.
https://www.downloadcrew.com/article/25911-waterfox