Topics

Being thrown out of an edit field in Facebook.

DGH

Whenever I am in an edit field in Facebook writing something and I receive an email message in Outlook I am thrown out of the edit field.  I can find my way back to where I left off but it’s aggravating to say the least.

Using latest build of Jaws 2019, Internet Explorer and Outlook 2016.

Any solution?

Thanks!

Justin Williams

Either use the moble site, or compose the message in notepad or word then paste it in.

Justin

Whenever I am in an edit field in Facebook writing something and I receive an email message in Outlook I am thrown out of the edit field.  I can find my way back to where I left off but it’s aggravating to say the least.

Using latest build of Jaws 2019, Internet Explorer and Outlook 2016.

Any solution?

Thanks!

DGH

I should have mentioned that this happens not only in Facebook but in any web site when I am in an edit field.

Either use the moble site, or compose the message in notepad or word then paste it in.

Justin

Whenever I am in an edit field in Facebook writing something and I receive an email message in Outlook I am thrown out of the edit field.  I can find my way back to where I left off but it’s aggravating to say the least.

Using latest build of Jaws 2019, Internet Explorer and Outlook 2016.

Any solution?

Thanks!

Justin Williams

Oh, Okay.

Well the composing in word or notepad is still good.

But, Not sure.

Hav eyou tried this in different browsers?

Justin

I should have mentioned that this happens not only in Facebook but in any web site when I am in an edit field.

Either use the moble site, or compose the message in notepad or word then paste it in.

Justin

Whenever I am in an edit field in Facebook writing something and I receive an email message in Outlook I am thrown out of the edit field.  I can find my way back to where I left off but it’s aggravating to say the least.

Using latest build of Jaws 2019, Internet Explorer and Outlook 2016.

Any solution?

Thanks!

DGH

No, I haven’t.  Was hoping there was a solution for the problem instead of a work around.

I should have mentioned that this happens not only in Facebook but in any web site when I am in an edit field.

Either use the moble site, or compose the message in notepad or word then paste it in.

Justin

Whenever I am in an edit field in Facebook writing something and I receive an email message in Outlook I am thrown out of the edit field.  I can find my way back to where I left off but it’s aggravating to say the least.

Using latest build of Jaws 2019, Internet Explorer and Outlook 2016.

Any solution?

Thanks!

Adrian Spratt

The browser isn’t the issue. It’s being bounced out of Facebook when an email message arrives. I have no idea why this would happen, but this is what I understand to be the question.

I should have mentioned that this happens not only in Facebook but in any web site when I am in an edit field.

Either use the moble site, or compose the message in notepad or word then paste it in.

Justin

Whenever I am in an edit field in Facebook writing something and I receive an email message in Outlook I am thrown out of the edit field.  I can find my way back to where I left off but it’s aggravating to say the least.

Using latest build of Jaws 2019, Internet Explorer and Outlook 2016.

Any solution?

Thanks!

DGH

Well, I’m not being bounced out of Facebook, but rather out of an edit field that I am typing in.  I remain in Facebook or whatever page I might be on, but it closes the edit field and with the Jaws navigation quick keys turned on and I am typing a message, I end up some place else when I receive a message in Outlook.

I guess I could just close Outlook while I am on a web page but that isn’t a solution.