From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann
Byrne
Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2019 12:29 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Using Outlook 365 with JAWS

The college uses Outlook 365 for email. When I press the delete key,
sometimes the item is deleted and sometimes it isn't. When I press the
applications key, sometimes the menu displayed includes delete, but
sometimes it is the internet explorer menu showing back, forward, etc. I
haven't seen the list of mailboxes anywhere.
The checkbox with the email doesn't show with either JAWS, NVDA, or
Narrator.

If somebody could give me clues as to how to operate the beast, I would
appreciate it. If I could figure out how to access Outlook Light instead of
Outlook Obnoxious, that would be even better. Perhaps because it's the
college, I don't have that option.

thanks,

Ann

Ann Byrne

Control-y doesn't go to the folder list. control-d says 'add to favorites'. So it's going to the internet explorer menu instead of the ribbon for outlook. How do I get to the stinkin' ribbon????

The delete key works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. could it have to do with virtual cursor being on or off? sometimes it works right away and sometimes not. I can't figure out what I am doing differently.

At 02:36 PM 2/9/2019, you wrote:
I'm new to it too- but would suggest you look at the free training for JAWS
and Outlook from FS. In the meantime-
Control-Y should bring up a dialog which will allow you to go to any mailbox
folder.
If an email is open, Control-D will delete it.
If the message is closed, delete should work.

Hope this helps you get started.

Cher

The college uses Outlook 365 for email. When I press the delete key,
sometimes the item is deleted and sometimes it isn't. When I press the
applications key, sometimes the menu displayed includes delete, but
sometimes it is the internet explorer menu showing back, forward, etc. I
haven't seen the list of mailboxes anywhere.
The checkbox with the email doesn't show with either JAWS, NVDA, or
Narrator.

If somebody could give me clues as to how to operate the beast, I would
appreciate it. If I could figure out how to access Outlook Light instead of
Outlook Obnoxious, that would be even better. Perhaps because it's the
college, I don't have that option.

thanks,

Ann

george b

Alt h takes you to the home button in the ribbons

The college uses Outlook 365 for email. When I press the delete key,
sometimes the item is deleted and sometimes it isn't. When I press the
applications key, sometimes the menu displayed includes delete, but
sometimes it is the internet explorer menu showing back, forward, etc.
I haven't seen the list of mailboxes anywhere.
The checkbox with the email doesn't show with either JAWS, NVDA, or
Narrator.

If somebody could give me clues as to how to operate the beast, I would
appreciate it. If I could figure out how to access Outlook Light
instead of Outlook Obnoxious, that would be even better. Perhaps
because it's the college, I don't have that option.

thanks,

Ann

Ann Byrne

Using internet explorer, alt-h takes me to internet explorer help. Do I need to do something to show the outlook ribbon? it isn't there.

At 03:39 PM 2/9/2019, you wrote:
Alt h takes you to the home button in the ribbons

The college uses Outlook 365 for email. When I press the delete key,
sometimes the item is deleted and sometimes it isn't. When I press the
applications key, sometimes the menu displayed includes delete, but
sometimes it is the internet explorer menu showing back, forward, etc.
I haven't seen the list of mailboxes anywhere.
The checkbox with the email doesn't show with either JAWS, NVDA, or
Narrator.

If somebody could give me clues as to how to operate the beast, I would
appreciate it. If I could figure out how to access Outlook Light
instead of Outlook Obnoxious, that would be even better. Perhaps
because it's the college, I don't have that option.

thanks,

Ann

george b

If you are using the web version of outlook your correct and there is no
ribbon.
I suggest to go freedomscientific web site and free web and r's and ther is
a great one on using outlook 365 web version with jaws.

At 03:39 PM 2/9/2019, you wrote:
Alt h takes you to the home button in the ribbons

The college uses Outlook 365 for email. When I press the delete key,
sometimes the item is deleted and sometimes it isn't. When I press
the applications key, sometimes the menu displayed includes delete,
but sometimes it is the internet explorer menu showing back, forward,
etc.
I haven't seen the list of mailboxes anywhere.
The checkbox with the email doesn't show with either JAWS, NVDA, or
Narrator.

If somebody could give me clues as to how to operate the beast, I
would appreciate it. If I could figure out how to access Outlook
Light instead of Outlook Obnoxious, that would be even better.
Perhaps because it's the college, I don't have that option.

thanks,

Ann

Ann Byrne

I have listened to that webinar. The screens Dan clark demonstrates are not the same as the ones I am seeing. GRRRRRR!!!

At 03:39 PM 2/9/2019, you wrote:
Alt h takes you to the home button in the ribbons

The college uses Outlook 365 for email. When I press the delete key,
sometimes the item is deleted and sometimes it isn't. When I press
the applications key, sometimes the menu displayed includes delete,
but sometimes it is the internet explorer menu showing back, forward,
etc.
I haven't seen the list of mailboxes anywhere.
The checkbox with the email doesn't show with either JAWS, NVDA, or
Narrator.

If somebody could give me clues as to how to operate the beast, I
would appreciate it. If I could figure out how to access Outlook
Light instead of Outlook Obnoxious, that would be even better.
Perhaps because it's the college, I don't have that option.

thanks,

Ann

george b

Go to the following;

www.outlook.com

then follow the prompts on the page.

You were in the other outlook page which is not the same.

At 03:39 PM 2/9/2019, you wrote:
Alt h takes you to the home button in the ribbons

The college uses Outlook 365 for email. When I press the delete
key, sometimes the item is deleted and sometimes it isn't. When I
press the applications key, sometimes the menu displayed includes
delete, but sometimes it is the internet explorer menu showing
back, forward,
etc.
I haven't seen the list of mailboxes anywhere.
The checkbox with the email doesn't show with either JAWS, NVDA, or
Narrator.

If somebody could give me clues as to how to operate the beast, I
would appreciate it. If I could figure out how to access Outlook
Light instead of Outlook Obnoxious, that would be even better.
Perhaps because it's the college, I don't have that option.

thanks,

Ann

chris judge

It sounds like you are using the ms office online instead of the desk top
apps.

The college uses Outlook 365 for email. When I press the delete key,
sometimes the item is deleted and sometimes it isn't. When I press the
applications key, sometimes the menu displayed includes delete, but
sometimes it is the internet explorer menu showing back, forward, etc.
I haven't seen the list of mailboxes anywhere.
The checkbox with the email doesn't show with either JAWS, NVDA, or
Narrator.

If somebody could give me clues as to how to operate the beast, I would
appreciate it. If I could figure out how to access Outlook Light
instead of Outlook Obnoxious, that would be even better. Perhaps
because it's the college, I don't have that option.

thanks,

Ann

Van Lant, Robin

Sounds like you are using Outlook Webmail, not the desktop client version. I think you are going to have better success if you can link your outlook exchange account from the college to a desktop client, whether it's Outlook, Thunderbird or Windows Mail. My company gives us all the desktop client, but we have the Outlook Web-mail icon on our desktop. I can look at it, but I just cannot imagine that it would ever be as efficient for a screen reader user as the desktop client.

The college uses Outlook 365 for email. When I press the delete key,
sometimes the item is deleted and sometimes it isn't. When I press
the applications key, sometimes the menu displayed includes delete,
but sometimes it is the internet explorer menu showing back, forward,
etc. I haven't seen the list of mailboxes anywhere.
The checkbox with the email doesn't show with either JAWS, NVDA, or Narrator.

If somebody could give me clues as to how to operate the beast, I
would appreciate it. If I could figure out how to access Outlook
Light instead of Outlook Obnoxious, that would be even
better. Perhaps because it's the college, I don't have that option.

thanks,

Ann

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the
SUBJECT line.

Kurlander Richard (750000) <rkurlan@...>

You're absolutely right, I have the same problem and my company will not support the outlook at home you must be on the network at work and I hate using it at home the web mail I am talking about.

[...]

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Aubertin, Gerry

Hi Folks:

It's all in what you get used to. I use the Outlook Web Access app all the time, and have for about perhaps ten years. If you use what they call the "blind and low vision experience", I find it to be very accessible and navigation is fairly straightforward.

Gerry Aubertin
Programmer/Analyst
Phone: (519) 273-8702

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - The contents of this message and the attachments are confidential and are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately delete it without reading it and without further distribution or disclosure. Any further distribution of this message to others is subject to this Confidentiality Notice and/or any confidentiality agreement or non-disclosure agreement in effect that covers the information contained in the message and any attachments.

george b

How do you get to the outlook web app version

[...]

What is "the blind and low vision experience"???

At 07:49 AM 2/12/2019, you wrote:
[...]

Friends:

To access the Outlook Web Access app, go to

https://portal.microsoftonline.com/

You must, I believe, have a Microsoft e-mail account, like on an Exchange server.

Gerry Aubertin
Programmer/Analyst
Phone: (519) 273-8702

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - The contents of this message and the attachments are confidential and are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately delete it without reading it and without further distribution or disclosure. Any further distribution of this message to others is subject to this Confidentiality Notice and/or any confidentiality agreement or non-disclosure agreement in effect that covers the information contained in the message and any attachments.

Aubertin, Gerry

Hi Ann:

I guess it's no longer referred to as the "blind and low vision experience". Once you have signed into OWA, pick options, then Outlook version.

Here' a screen shot:
Outlook version
Select the check box below if you want to use the light version of Outlook. The light version provides a simplified experience for users who have:
Older web browsers
Low bandwidth connections
Accessibility needs

Use the light version
Changes to this setting will take effect the next time you sign in.

Gerry Aubertin
Programmer/Analyst
Phone: (519) 273-8702

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - The contents of this message and the attachments are confidential and are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately delete it without reading it and without further distribution or disclosure. Any further distribution of this message to others is subject to this Confidentiality Notice and/or any confidentiality agreement or non-disclosure agreement in effect that covers the information contained in the message and any attachments.

Ann Byrne

the problem is that this is not a personal account--it belongs to the college.

At 02:03 PM 2/12/2019, you wrote:
[...]

I use the light version on my work web account, where it is attached to an exchange server. I am dealing here with my student's college email account, where I don't believe we have that alternative.
eAt 02:22 PM 2/12/2019, you wrote:

[...]

True, and didn't FS cover this stuff in a webinar that is free for everyone
to download and listen to?

[...]