Topics

2 questions thunderbird and jaws

joanne

Using Jaws 2019 and windows 7, I've been kind of experimenting with Thunderbird and there are things I'm not really liking. For one thing, is it possible, using jaws, to get the message headers to say the sender's name first and then subject, etc. There isn't a sort columns option so just wondered if it could still be done.

Also, with windows live mail you could open a message and read it and hit delete and you were on the next message. Can Thunderbird be set somehow to achieve this, or do you just have to close each message with control f4 and open a new one that way?

Thanks.

Matthew Chao

I've been able to read messages and go to the next one by hitting the Delete key.--Matthew Chao

On 1/26/2019 8:52 PM, joanne wrote:
Using Jaws 2019 and windows 7, I've been kind of experimenting with Thunderbird and there are things I'm not really liking. For one thing, is it possible, using jaws, to get the message headers to say the sender's name first and then subject, etc. There isn't a sort columns option so just wondered if it could still be done.
Also, with windows live mail you could open a message and read it and hit delete and you were on the next message. Can Thunderbird be set somehow to achieve this, or do you just have to close each message with control f4 and open a new one that way?
Thanks.

Audiobookfan

Joanne, the message columns can be rearranged and resized with a mouse. You can also enable/disable various column data. The easiest way is to get sighted assistance. It need only be done once. No Thunderbird update has ever messed up my settings in this regard.

For instance, I like to use the unified inbox setting so I've enabled the account column to indicate which account the message arrived in.

When I press the delete key on an open message, the next message is automatically opened for me. I can't remember if I needed to change a setting anywhere to get this behavior, but it works for me.

BTW, you can also close a message by hitting the escape key. You can also toggle the read/unread status of a message by hitting the letter M.

Hope this helps.

Jeff