Topics

folder pane minimized in Outlook 2013

Sherri

Hello list,

Somehow, my folder pane has been minimized in Outlook so I cannot move from folder to folder.  I am using Jaws 2018 and wonder if there is a way to maximize the folder pane.  Thank you.

Sherri Brun

flmom2006@...

Board member, NFB of Central Florida

NFBF Newsline Marketer

Phone:  1-844-827-7371

                                The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations

of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Together with love, hope, and determination, we transform dreams into reality.

Adrian Spratt

Have you tried alt-space together, then x for maximize?

Somehow, my folder pane has been minimized in Outlook so I cannot move from folder to folder.  I am using Jaws 2018 and wonder if there is a way to maximize the folder pane.  Thank you.

Sherri Brun

flmom2006@...

Board member, NFB of Central Florida

NFBF Newsline Marketer

Phone:  1-844-827-7371

                                The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations

of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Together with love, hope, and determination, we transform dreams into reality.

Vicky Vaughan

Hi Sherri,

I am using Jaws 2018 and Outlook 2016, If yours works like mine, you should be able from your list view, be able to press Control+y, type the name of the folder and then press enter.  You’ll then be able to arrow down through the messages within it.

If I want to save a message to one of my folders, in order to see the list of folders I have to press Escape, to go back to the list view and then I press Shift+F10 followed by m, for move, then o and in order to see all the folders, I go to the top with Control+Home and start arrowing down and when I find the one I want I can just press Enter.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely, Vicky

Somehow, my folder pane has been minimized in Outlook so I cannot move from folder to folder.  I am using Jaws 2018 and wonder if there is a way to maximize the folder pane.  Thank you.

Sherri Brun

flmom2006@...

Board member, NFB of Central Florida

NFBF Newsline Marketer

Phone:  1-844-827-7371

                                The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations

of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Together with love, hope, and determination, we transform dreams into reality.

CJ &AA MAY

Hello Cherri

I presume you have tried coming out of Outlook and re-opening it?

Control 1 should take you to your inbox

Control 2 to your Outlook Calendar

Control 3 to your address book.

I personally use control y to take me to a list of Outlook folders and right arrow on Google mail which then offers me a list of sent, bin, pending etc.

If I want to quickly return to the inbox I either use control 1 or control shift i.

Below are some notes I made on Outlook when first coming to Jaws:

Recommended:

set the reading pane either to bottom or off for best compatibility between JAWS and Outlook.  In addition, you can make some changes from the quick settings dialog, which is activated with insert+V.

Read list status: Jaws Key+Tab or say line (Jaws Key+NumPad 8).

read line hotkey : insert+up arrow.

Read current line: insert+up arrow,

Access an attachment: open mail and shift plus tab then press context menu or alt down arrow for options.

Access sent from field: alt 1

Access date sent field: alt 2

Access sent to field: alt 3

Access c.c. field: alt 4

Access subject field; alt 5 (alt 5 twice to move focus)

Below are some notes

Alison