Topics

Accessible Captcha solving service for Google Chrome

Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting

Hello all. I need to know if there is an accessible CAPTCHA solving service for Google Chrome. Apparently Rumola and Captchabegone are no longer in the Chrome Webstore. Thanks Much.

Chris

Gerald Levy

Unfortunately, there are no longer any working captcha solving programs or services. If you can find an older version of Firefox like FF 52 ESR, it still works with Webvisum.  Otherwise, Rumola and Captcha Be Gone are both dead.

Gerald

On 1/22/2019 11:28 AM, Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting wrote:

Hello all. I need to know if there is an accessible CAPTCHA solving service for Google Chrome. Apparently Rumola and Captchabegone are no longer in the Chrome Webstore. Thanks Much.

Chris

Dave... <dgcarlson@...>

Christopher,

Have you simply typed "captchabegone" in the search field? They have their own web site, where you can download a version for your browser of choice.

Dave

Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 08:28
Subject: [jaws-users] Accessible Captcha solving service for Google Chrome

Hello all. I need to know if there is an accessible CAPTCHA solving service for Google Chrome. Apparently Rumola and Captchabegone are no longer in the Chrome Webstore. Thanks Much.

Chris

Dave... <dgcarlson@...>

Hate to be pedantic, but CaptchaBeGone is still working for me, and simply by paying an annual fee.

Dave

Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 09:01

Unfortunately, there are no longer any working captcha solving programs or services. If you can find an older version of Firefox like FF 52 ESR, it still works with Webvisum.  Otherwise, Rumola and Captcha Be Gone are both dead.

Gerald

On 1/22/2019 11:28 AM, Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting wrote:

Hello all. I need to know if there is an accessible CAPTCHA solving service for Google Chrome. Apparently Rumola and Captchabegone are no longer in the Chrome Webstore. Thanks Much.

Chris

Dennis L

It is no longer on the chrome store.

Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 09:01

Unfortunately, there are no longer any working captcha solving programs or services. If you can find an older version of Firefox like FF 52 ESR, it still works with Webvisum.  Otherwise, Rumola and Captcha Be Gone are both dead.

Gerald

On 1/22/2019 11:28 AM, Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting wrote:

Hello all. I need to know if there is an accessible CAPTCHA solving service for Google Chrome. Apparently Rumola and Captchabegone are no longer in the Chrome Webstore. Thanks Much.

Chris

Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting

Hi Dave.

Unfortunately, I paid the $33 for an annual subscription to Captcha BE Gone only to find out that the add-on is no longer in the Google Chrome Web Store; neither is Rumola. I sent support tickets to both and have gotten a response from neither. Thinking of contacting my credit card company and disputing the $33 charge for Captcha Be Gone, actually.

Thanks for your email.

Chris

Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 09:01

Unfortunately, there are no longer any working captcha solving programs or services. If you can find an older version of Firefox like FF 52 ESR, it still works with Webvisum.  Otherwise, Rumola and Captcha Be Gone are both dead.

Gerald

On 1/22/2019 11:28 AM, Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting wrote:

Hello all. I need to know if there is an accessible CAPTCHA solving service for Google Chrome. Apparently Rumola and Captchabegone are no longer in the Chrome Webstore. Thanks Much.

Chris

Dave... <dgcarlson@...>

Dennis, per my previous message to Christopher, they still have their own web site, with downloads available. But also after following the links to Chrome, I get a 404 Error, so it appears that the Chrome version from the Google app store is no longer available. That's a shame, and I'll keep it in mind if/when they remind me of my next annual subscription.

Dave

Hate to be pedantic, but CaptchaBeGone is still working for me, and simply by paying an annual fee.

Dave

Unfortunately, there are no longer any working captcha solving programs or services. If you can find an older version of Firefox like FF 52 ESR, it still works with Webvisum.  Otherwise, Rumola and Captcha Be Gone are both dead.

Gerald

On 1/22/2019 11:28 AM, Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting wrote:

Hello all. I need to know if there is an accessible CAPTCHA solving service for Google Chrome. Apparently Rumola and Captchabegone are no longer in the Chrome Webstore. Thanks Much.

Chris

Dave... <dgcarlson@...>

Christopher,

Yes, for now I would do the same in your situation. Once you get some resolution or response, you could then determine if you should proceed. Seems they need to update their web site.

Dave

Hate to be pedantic, but CaptchaBeGone is still working for me, and simply by paying an annual fee.

Dave

Unfortunately, there are no longer any working captcha solving programs or services. If you can find an older version of Firefox like FF 52 ESR, it still works with Webvisum.  Otherwise, Rumola and Captcha Be Gone are both dead.

Gerald

On 1/22/2019 11:28 AM, Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting wrote:

Hello all. I need to know if there is an accessible CAPTCHA solving service for Google Chrome. Apparently Rumola and Captchabegone are no longer in the Chrome Webstore. Thanks Much.

Chris

Dave... <dgcarlson@...>

More bad news...I sent a message to their sales email asking questions about their service and app availability, and received the following response:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<sales@...>:
550: 5.1.0 Recipient rejected: <sales@...>

Ick!

Dave

Hate to be pedantic, but CaptchaBeGone is still working for me, and simply by paying an annual fee.

Dave

Unfortunately, there are no longer any working captcha solving programs or services. If you can find an older version of Firefox like FF 52 ESR, it still works with Webvisum.  Otherwise, Rumola and Captcha Be Gone are both dead.

Gerald

On 1/22/2019 11:28 AM, Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting wrote:

Hello all. I need to know if there is an accessible CAPTCHA solving service for Google Chrome. Apparently Rumola and Captchabegone are no longer in the Chrome Webstore. Thanks Much.

Chris

Gerald Levy

I have researched Captcha Be Gone extensively, and discovered that while it still may work for some users, others have reported that it no longer works at all and that it has been abandoned by its developer.  You can still sign up for it for $36 a year, on their web site but if it doesn't work for you, there is apparently no way to contact the developer for a refund, and you will then have to hassle with PayPal to get your money back.  You pays your moneyand you takes your chances.  Any program or service that does not offer a free trial period so that you can try it before you buy it should be regarded with suspicion.  And someone reported that the developer of Captcha Be Gone has had a reputation for creating other services for which he demands payment up front and then absconding with the money without delivering.  Caveat emptor.

Gerald

Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 09:01

Unfortunately, there are no longer any working captcha solving programs or services. If you can find an older version of Firefox like FF 52 ESR, it still works with Webvisum.  Otherwise, Rumola and Captcha Be Gone are both dead.

Gerald

On 1/22/2019 11:28 AM, Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting wrote:

Hello all. I need to know if there is an accessible CAPTCHA solving service for Google Chrome. Apparently Rumola and Captchabegone are no longer in the Chrome Webstore. Thanks Much.

Chris

Dave... <dgcarlson@...>

Gerald,

Yes, its sounding like any new users are at risk. I visited their underlying company web site assistivetechnologyblog.com and also posted an inquiry, but have had no response yet.

Dave

Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 09:01

Unfortunately, there are no longer any working captcha solving programs or services. If you can find an older version of Firefox like FF 52 ESR, it still works with Webvisum.  Otherwise, Rumola and Captcha Be Gone are both dead.

Gerald

On 1/22/2019 11:28 AM, Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting wrote:

Hello all. I need to know if there is an accessible CAPTCHA solving service for Google Chrome. Apparently Rumola and Captchabegone are no longer in the Chrome Webstore. Thanks Much.

Chris

Cheryl Traub

I tried Capcha be gone a while back. It didn't work because it muted Jaws. My sighted friend told me that it muted Jaws. I tried to get my money back, but didn't. I just let my sighted friend do Teamviewer on my computer and solve the capcha.

Unfortunately, there are no longer any working captcha solving programs or services. If you can find an older version of Firefox like FF 52 ESR, it still works with Webvisum. Otherwise, Rumola and Captcha Be Gone are both dead.

Gerald

On 1/22/2019 11:28 AM, Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting wrote:

Hello all. I need to know if there is an accessible CAPTCHA solving service for Google Chrome. Apparently Rumola and Captchabegone are no longer in the Chrome Webstore. Thanks Much.

Chris

Andy

If the site uses Google Recaptcha and you are signed into your Google or Gmail account, simply checking the check box will verify you and move you on.
Andy

Hello all. I need to know if there is an accessible CAPTCHA solving service for Google Chrome. Apparently Rumola and Captchabegone are no longer in the Chrome Webstore. Thanks Much.

Chris

Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting

Hi Andy. The site in question uses both—but the section of the site I’m concerned about is not a Google ReCaptcha; it’s a standard Captcha that involves entering a code for verification. I’m trying to avoid using Firefox and Webvisum but it looks like I’ll have to alternate between both Chrome and Firefox for what I need to accomplish.

Thanks Much,

Chris

If the site uses Google Recaptcha and you are signed into your Google or Gmail account, simply checking the check box will verify you and move you on.

Andy

Hello all. I need to know if there is an accessible CAPTCHA solving service for Google Chrome. Apparently Rumola and Captchabegone are no longer in the Chrome Webstore. Thanks Much.

Chris

Adrian Spratt

See my previous post. Andy may have already given us the answer.