Topics

a JAWS 19 question

G Eden

Asking for guidance on behalf of a good friend.

“I have a myth question about Jaws 19!  I have noticed over the past few days that when jaws reads test to me or when I play music it is “clipping, almost making two syllables out of words or even when I’m typing it doesn’t echo the letters either it’ll stutter and stammer!  Quite annoying I must add.”

Thoughts?

Geoff

Adrian Spratt

You’ll need to confirm that your friend means JAWS 2019, not 19, and that s/he is using Windows 10, about which I believe similar reports have been made. Also, does the clipping and stammering occur across all applications? Which synthesizer is s/he using? Eloquence?

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of G Eden
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 3:32 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] a JAWS 19 question

“I have a myth question about Jaws 19!  I have noticed over the past few days that when jaws reads test to me or when I play music it is “clipping, almost making two syllables out of words or even when I’m typing it doesn’t echo the letters either it’ll stutter and stammer!  Quite annoying I must add.”

Thoughts?

Geoff

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Try updating your sound card drivers.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of G Eden
Sent: 21 January 2019 20:32
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] a JAWS 19 question

Thoughts?

Geoff

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail