Topics

Chrome Won't Install

I like Chrome, but I uninstalled it because I kept getting these spam-like popup, and no matter what settings I changed, they kept coming.
I would have to go into task manager to close all instances of it to get the popup to stop.
Anyway, I downloaded the installer again and it won't install.
I go into task manager and it says google chrome updater
I then close it and try again.
I downloaded the stand alone copy, and the same story.
Any ideas why it freezes and will not install?
Windows 7 64 and Jaws 2018

Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Glenn,

After you click on the install button there's another button or checkbox you have to respond to.  It's a license agreement or something of that nature.  If you can't get it installed go to,

and get / install it from there.

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 7:27 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Chrome Won't Install

Hi,
I like Chrome, but I uninstalled it because I kept getting these spam-like popup, and no matter what settings I changed, they kept coming.
I would have to go into task manager to close all instances of it to get the popup to stop.
Anyway, I downloaded the installer again and it won't install.
I go into task manager and it says google chrome updater
I then close it and try again.
I downloaded the stand alone copy, and the same story.
Any ideas why it freezes and will not install?
Windows 7 64 and Jaws 2018

Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Mike,
I'll have to try something else, because there are no windows open when I run the install.

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Hi,
I like Chrome, but I uninstalled it because I kept getting these spam-like popup, and no matter what settings I changed, they kept coming.
I would have to go into task manager to close all instances of it to get the popup to stop.
Anyway, I downloaded the installer again and it won't install.
I go into task manager and it says google chrome updater
I then close it and try again.
I downloaded the stand alone copy, and the same story.
Any ideas why it freezes and will not install?
Windows 7 64 and Jaws 2018

Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop

Glenn / Lenny

Mike,
I ran my registry cleaner and cleaned out bogus references to Google Chrome, restarted and I was able to install it.

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Hi,
I like Chrome, but I uninstalled it because I kept getting these spam-like popup, and no matter what settings I changed, they kept coming.
I would have to go into task manager to close all instances of it to get the popup to stop.
Anyway, I downloaded the installer again and it won't install.
I go into task manager and it says google chrome updater
I then close it and try again.
I downloaded the stand alone copy, and the same story.
Any ideas why it freezes and will not install?
Windows 7 64 and Jaws 2018

Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop

Dennis L

What registry cleaner do you use?

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Hi,

I like Chrome, but I uninstalled it because I kept getting these spam-like popup, and no matter what settings I changed, they kept coming.

I would have to go into task manager to close all instances of it to get the popup to stop.

Anyway, I downloaded the installer again and it won't install.

I go into task manager and it says google chrome updater

I then close it and try again.

I downloaded the stand alone copy, and the same story.

Any ideas why it freezes and will not install?

Windows 7 64 and Jaws 2018

Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop

Glenn / Lenny

I use:
Registry First Aid 11
It was a purchased program, but not very expensive, seems like 10 or 15 dollars.
I've had it for a year or so.

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Hi,

I like Chrome, but I uninstalled it because I kept getting these spam-like popup, and no matter what settings I changed, they kept coming.

I would have to go into task manager to close all instances of it to get the popup to stop.

Anyway, I downloaded the installer again and it won't install.

I go into task manager and it says google chrome updater

I then close it and try again.

I downloaded the stand alone copy, and the same story.

Any ideas why it freezes and will not install?

Windows 7 64 and Jaws 2018

Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop

Dennis L

Do you happen to have a link to the website for it?    How accessible is it with Jaws?  Thanks

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Hi,

I like Chrome, but I uninstalled it because I kept getting these spam-like popup, and no matter what settings I changed, they kept coming.

I would have to go into task manager to close all instances of it to get the popup to stop.

Anyway, I downloaded the installer again and it won't install.

I go into task manager and it says google chrome updater

I then close it and try again.

I downloaded the stand alone copy, and the same story.

Any ideas why it freezes and will not install?

Windows 7 64 and Jaws 2018

Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop

Tom Fairhurst

I use Registry First-Aid, also, and it is accessible with JAWS. The link is

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Hi,

I like Chrome, but I uninstalled it because I kept getting these spam-like popup, and no matter what settings I changed, they kept coming.

I would have to go into task manager to close all instances of it to get the popup to stop.

Anyway, I downloaded the installer again and it won't install.

I go into task manager and it says google chrome updater

I then close it and try again.

I downloaded the stand alone copy, and the same story.

Any ideas why it freezes and will not install?

Windows 7 64 and Jaws 2018

Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop

Casey

Hi okay if you run this?

Now if you have purchased and and run it how do you know what you need to keep and don't need to keep?

I mean what can you safely delete and keep like if you know longer need windows live mail for example.

How then to you using this program make sure that you got rid of all of what goes along with that program?

And not other stuff that you need for your machine to run?

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Hi,

--

Casey

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Dennis,
It does work well with Jaws, although the terms are a bit confusing, I think that for a while I was scanning but not repairing, but you can tab to everything and read what it's doing.
It does read out its percentage while scanning too.

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Hi,

I like Chrome, but I uninstalled it because I kept getting these spam-like popup, and no matter what settings I changed, they kept coming.

I would have to go into task manager to close all instances of it to get the popup to stop.

Anyway, I downloaded the installer again and it won't install.

I go into task manager and it says google chrome updater

I then close it and try again.

I downloaded the stand alone copy, and the same story.

Any ideas why it freezes and will not install?

Windows 7 64 and Jaws 2018

Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop

Glenn / Lenny

It offers a backup of the registry, so if something causes problems, you can restore it.
But I have never had any problems with letting it make the right choices.

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Hi,

I like Chrome, but I uninstalled it because I kept getting these spam-like popup, and no matter what settings I changed, they kept coming.

I would have to go into task manager to close all instances of it to get the popup to stop.

Anyway, I downloaded the installer again and it won't install.

I go into task manager and it says google chrome updater

I then close it and try again.

I downloaded the stand alone copy, and the same story.

Any ideas why it freezes and will not install?

Windows 7 64 and Jaws 2018

Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop

--

Casey

Casey

Hi okay now it baccs up your regestory.

So if you need to restore that back up?

Where does it save that back up file and what is it called and then how to you restore from that back up?

So that everything works well again?

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Hi,

I like Chrome, but I uninstalled it because I kept getting these spam-like popup, and no matter what settings I changed, they kept coming.

I would have to go into task manager to close all instances of it to get the popup to stop.

Anyway, I downloaded the installer again and it won't install.

I go into task manager and it says google chrome updater

I then close it and try again.

I downloaded the stand alone copy, and the same story.

Any ideas why it freezes and will not install?

Windows 7 64 and Jaws 2018

Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop

--

Casey

Glenn / Lenny

There are settings so you can tell it where to place it.
I've never had to do this, but if it would not boot, I'd boot to a talking WinPE and restore it.
Windows typically will use the last good registry if it has trouble booting.

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Hi,

I like Chrome, but I uninstalled it because I kept getting these spam-like popup, and no matter what settings I changed, they kept coming.

I would have to go into task manager to close all instances of it to get the popup to stop.

Anyway, I downloaded the installer again and it won't install.

I go into task manager and it says google chrome updater

I then close it and try again.

I downloaded the stand alone copy, and the same story.

Any ideas why it freezes and will not install?

Windows 7 64 and Jaws 2018

Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop

--

Casey

Alan Robbins

I am reading that the new 11 version is graphical user interface (GUI). Are you on that version and is it compatible with latest version of JAWS?

Wondering if others on this list have had good success with this cleaner as well?

Al

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Hi,

I like Chrome, but I uninstalled it because I kept getting these spam-like popup, and no matter what settings I changed, they kept coming.

I would have to go into task manager to close all instances of it to get the popup to stop.

Anyway, I downloaded the installer again and it won't install.

I go into task manager and it says google chrome updater

I then close it and try again.

I downloaded the stand alone copy, and the same story.

Any ideas why it freezes and will not install?

Windows 7 64 and Jaws 2018

Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop

--

Casey

Glenn / Lenny

That is the version I'm using.
I have only used the GUI version, I did not know that they had a CLI version.

Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2019 12:41 PM

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 7:27 PM

Hi,

I like Chrome, but I uninstalled it because I kept getting these spam-like popup, and no matter what settings I changed, they kept coming.

I would have to go into task manager to close all instances of it to get the popup to stop.

Anyway, I downloaded the installer again and it won't install.

I go into task manager and it says google chrome updater

I then close it and try again.

I downloaded the stand alone copy, and the same story.

Any ideas why it freezes and will not install?

Windows 7 64 and Jaws 2018

Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop

--

Casey

Dennis L

If people try it please let us know if it is accessible.