page break

patti

I press ctrl 2, and it did nothing.

Is there something else that I could do?

Patti

You can press the control key two of silence computer with jars. Press the controller do you do you

On Jan 1, 2019, at 9:35 AM, patti <bbk381@...> wrote:

Hey Gang,

I’m running MS2010, jaws 18 and 19,

In a document how do I stop jaws saying page break?

Thanks for your help

Patti

Adrian Spratt

Patti, I’ve never encountered this problem in Word. Is it new for you? Does it happen in more than one document? Does you hear it only when you’re in “say all” and you move from one page to the next? I don’t have any ideas yet, but if you can be more specific, maybe something will occur to me or others here.

Is there something else that I could do?

Patti

You can press the control key two of silence computer with jars. Press the controller do you do you

On Jan 1, 2019, at 9:35 AM, patti <bbk381@...> wrote:

Hey Gang,

I’m running MS2010, jaws 18 and 19,

In a document how do I stop jaws saying page break?

Thanks for your help

Patti

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

When is it saying page break?

That no doubt is a verbosity setting.  Tapping the control key silences jaws for the moment like when doing a say all, but it won’t stop it doing something as specific as stopping one phrase.

Richard

Is there something else that I could do?

Patti

You can press the control key two of silence computer with jars. Press the controller do you do you

On Jan 1, 2019, at 9:35 AM, patti <bbk381@...> wrote:

Hey Gang,

I’m running MS2010, jaws 18 and 19,

In a document how do I stop jaws saying page break?

Thanks for your help

Patti

patti

On my old laptop 32 bit, MS2010, windows 10 1803, and jaws 18

I don’t hear page break when I go to another page, on any documents.

Now on my new laptop 64 bit, MS2010, windows 10 1803, and jaws 19

I hear page break when I am arrowing down on all documents.

When I do a ctrl pagedown, I just hear page 2, but if I arrow up I hear page break.

I went back to jaws 18 on my new laptop, and the page break isn’t there, but when I go to the next page that is what I hear next page 2, and if I go back one page I hear prior page.

Patti, I’ve never encountered this problem in Word. Is it new for you? Does it happen in more than one document? Does you hear it only when you’re in “say all” and you move from one page to the next? I don’t have any ideas yet, but if you can be more specific, maybe something will occur to me or others here.

Is there something else that I could do?

Patti

You can press the control key two of silence computer with jars. Press the controller do you do you

On Jan 1, 2019, at 9:35 AM, patti <bbk381@...> wrote:

Hey Gang,

I’m running MS2010, jaws 18 and 19,

In a document how do I stop jaws saying page break?

Thanks for your help

Patti

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Are you hearing it on every press of the arrow key, or just at the page break?

Richard

Is there something else that I could do?

Patti

You can press the control key two of silence computer with jars. Press the controller do you do you

On Jan 1, 2019, at 9:35 AM, patti <bbk381@...> wrote:

Hey Gang,

I’m running MS2010, jaws 18 and 19,

In a document how do I stop jaws saying page break?

Thanks for your help

Patti

I would not want to not hear that in Word.
It is essential to know how close you are to a full page, if you wish to keep your document to a certain number of pages.

Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 10:32 AM

Patti, I’ve never encountered this problem in Word. Is it new for you? Does it happen in more than one document? Does you hear it only when you’re in “say all” and you move from one page to the next? I don’t have any ideas yet, but if you can be more specific, maybe something will occur to me or others here.

Is there something else that I could do?

Patti

You can press the control key two of silence computer with jars. Press the controller do you do you

On Jan 1, 2019, at 9:35 AM, patti <bbk381@...> wrote:

Hey Gang,

I’m running MS2010, jaws 18 and 19,

In a document how do I stop jaws saying page break?

Thanks for your help

Patti

Adrian Spratt

Patti,

Perhaps I begin to understand. You want to be able to navigate through text without the distraction of formatting information. Is that it? I have this same concern with JAWS’ announcements of page numbers on Word documents, whether I want that information or not.

This sort of detail ought to be optional because as Glenn says, there are times when it’s useful. However, I don’t know of any toggle. Does anyone else?

Are you hearing it on every press of the arrow key, or just at the page break?

Richard

Is there something else that I could do?

Patti

You can press the control key two of silence computer with jars. Press the controller do you do you

On Jan 1, 2019, at 9:35 AM, patti <bbk381@...> wrote:

Hey Gang,

I’m running MS2010, jaws 18 and 19,

In a document how do I stop jaws saying page break?

Thanks for your help

Patti

patti

When I do a ctrl page down, and then up arrow

Or if I’m down arrow in the document  with more then 1 page

When is it saying page break?

That no doubt is a verbosity setting.  Tapping the control key silences jaws for the moment like when doing a say all, but it won’t stop it doing something as specific as stopping one phrase.

Richard

Is there something else that I could do?

Patti

You can press the control key two of silence computer with jars. Press the controller do you do you

On Jan 1, 2019, at 9:35 AM, patti <bbk381@...> wrote:

Hey Gang,

I’m running MS2010, jaws 18 and 19,

In a document how do I stop jaws saying page break?

Thanks for your help

Patti

patti

Just at the page break

Are you hearing it on every press of the arrow key, or just at the page break?

Richard

Is there something else that I could do?

Patti

You can press the control key two of silence computer with jars. Press the controller do you do you

On Jan 1, 2019, at 9:35 AM, patti <bbk381@...> wrote:

Hey Gang,

I’m running MS2010, jaws 18 and 19,

In a document how do I stop jaws saying page break?

Thanks for your help

Patti

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

I have my speech verbosity set to advanced which should give the least amount of feedback and it says page 1 if I am on the top of page 2 and arrow up.

I do not think one can avoid that.

This is with Word 2016 and Jaws 2018 using Office 365.

Have you called Freedom Scientific tech support?  I’m thinking you cannot turn that off.

Richard