EasyWorship Program - Is It JAWS-Friendly

michele thredgold

Happy new year everybody! Hope you all had a good one.

I was wondering if any JAWS users have come into contact with a program called EasyWorship. It's a program my church is using to access lyrics for church services and I believe you can also access recordings of the songs as well. I think the lyrics are, or can be translated into, powerpoints or into Word.

As I'm not confident with checking out a new program with no prior knowledge of its interface, I thought I'd ask on this list first if anyone else has had success using this program. I've been told that you can use keyboard shortcuts to control it, but I'm not sure whether this is for everything or not. It certainly would be an invaluable source of worship material for me, if it is accessible. I've also been advised that, if it's accessible, the church can register me as a user, so I won't have to pay for it.

Would really appreciate any helpful feedback.

Cheers!

Michele
Sent from my iPhone

As a certified worship leader myself, I am extremely extremely extremely! interested in this, and will be following this thread very very closely! I've personally never heard of this app. Is it an actual program, or is it more like a web based subscription.

Be blessed in His service...

Chris.

On 12/31/2018 07:27 PM, michele thredgold wrote:
[...]

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

I know nothing about this program, but I was curious. I'll paste the link to the software below, but it would appear to be a slide show based package focused on Churches, not individuals, and is $1500 which apparently can be done on a subscription basis, but I would be completely amazed if it were accessible.
https://www.easyworship.com/

If you are mainly looking for hymn lyrics, I found a good review of four web sites. Note, the vast majority of hymn lyrics available online are ones in public domain.
https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Online+Hymn+Resources.-a0111306417

Otherwise, check with your denomination for accessible resources.

HTH,
Richard

[...]

JERRY MARTIN

Michelle and Christopher:

I, as is my habit, called the number on their website and found out the following:

There is a purchase option for a "campus license" ($500.00 US currency), or a subscription. Now, the subscription price is based on the size of the congregation.
Second, regarding accessibility, the individual I spoke with had no knowledge of how accessible it is with JAWS. However, there is a demo that you could download at a charge which is free to download; it has no expiration date, but there is a "watermark" on the software, and to get rid of ityou would need to purchase it.

Sorry but that is all of the pertinent information I found out.
Happy New Year.

"Common courtesy is like common sense; if it were so common, why is there so little of it?"

[...]

I'm not sure, but will find out.

On 3 Jan 2019, at 2:19 am, Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Larry Gassman <larrygassman@...>

I will shortly have an El-Braille and should be able to grab any lyrics or notes using Powerpoint.
Looking forward to it and also to the answer to this question
I do not know if it is accessible.
Larry

At 12:44 PM 1/2/2019, michele thredgold wrote:
[...]

My church can register me as a user under their licence if, after trying out the demo, it proves user-friendly.

-----Original Message----- From: michele thredgold