Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 7:28 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Number of items in a list

Earlier, I reported the wrong key combination for opening and closing Narrator, perhaps because I use it so often I stop thinking about it. The correct combo is control-Windows key-enter.

Again, for anyone who doesn’t have the current release of JAWS 2019, switching to Narrator will provide the correct number of files in a folder. It’s no longer necessary to do this with the current release of JAWS 2019.

I’m amazed I was away for dinner and two shows, and no one beat me to posting a correction!

Adrian Spratt

Is that so? Someone wrote off-list to tell me I’d posted the wrong keystroke. I’d already permanently deleted my post so I couldn’t double-check. So, senility fended off for another day?

I don't have your original post available to read again but, I do believe you reported the correct keystroke to toggle Narrator on / off in Widows 10.  Windows key, Control + Enter.

Take care, Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool.

Earlier, I reported the wrong key combination for opening and closing Narrator, perhaps because I use it so often I stop thinking about it. The correct combo is control-Windows key-enter.

Again, for anyone who doesn’t have the current release of JAWS 2019, switching to Narrator will provide the correct number of files in a folder. It’s no longer necessary to do this with the current release of JAWS 2019.

I’m amazed I was away for dinner and two shows, and no one beat me to posting a correction!

Bob Hicks

Join the crowd!  grin

Have a great day, 73

Bob Hicks, KC8CR

Windows 7 and 10 home 64 bit

[...]

Sharon S

Hi, I have just come across your original message and you wrote:

Press shift-control-enter to open Narrator, then place focus on the folder list. To exit Narrator, control-shift-enter is a toggle.

Bye for now.

From Shaz.