Number of items in a list

Adrian Spratt

Earlier, I reported the wrong key combination for opening and closing Narrator, perhaps because I use it so often I stop thinking about it. The correct combo is control-Windows key-enter.

Again, for anyone who doesn’t have the current release of JAWS 2019, switching to Narrator will provide the correct number of files in a folder. It’s no longer necessary to do this with the current release of JAWS 2019.

I’m amazed I was away for dinner and two shows, and no one beat me to posting a correction!

Mike B. <mb76nordic@...>

Hi Adrian,

I don't have your original post available to read again but, I do believe you reported the correct keystroke to toggle Narrator on / off in Widows 10.  Windows key, Control + Enter.
Take care, Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 7:28 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Number of items in a list

Earlier, I reported the wrong key combination for opening and closing Narrator, perhaps because I use it so often I stop thinking about it. The correct combo is control-Windows key-enter.

Again, for anyone who doesn’t have the current release of JAWS 2019, switching to Narrator will provide the correct number of files in a folder. It’s no longer necessary to do this with the current release of JAWS 2019.

I’m amazed I was away for dinner and two shows, and no one beat me to posting a correction!

Adrian Spratt

Is that so? Someone wrote off-list to tell me I’d posted the wrong keystroke. I’d already permanently deleted my post so I couldn’t double-check. So, senility fended off for another day?

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 12:37 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Number of items in a list

Hi Adrian,

I don't have your original post available to read again but, I do believe you reported the correct keystroke to toggle Narrator on / off in Widows 10.  Windows key, Control + Enter.

Take care, Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool.

Bob Hicks

Join the crowd!  grin

Have a great day, 73

Bob Hicks, KC8CR

Windows 7 and 10 home 64 bit

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 10:49 AM

Is that so? Someone wrote off-list to tell me I’d posted the wrong keystroke. I’d already permanently deleted my post so I couldn’t double-check. So, senility fended off for another day?

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.

Hi Adrian,

Take care, Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sharon S

Hi, I have just come across your original message and you wrote:

Press shift-control-enter to open Narrator, then place focus on the folder list. To exit Narrator, control-shift-enter is a toggle.

Bye for now.

From Shaz.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Hicks
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 3:17 AM

Join the crowd!  grin

Have a great day, 73

Bob Hicks, KC8CR

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt

Hi Adrian,

Take care, Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool.

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for finding & posting this message.  Yup Adrian you did post the wrong keystroke for Narrator!  LOL  LOL  Anyways the keystroke for starting / stopping Narrator in Windows 10 latest version is, Windows key, Control + Enter, it's a toggle so like I said earlier this keystroke will start & turn off Narrator.
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!

Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 8:50 PM

Press shift-control-enter to open Narrator, then place focus on the folder list. To exit Narrator, control-shift-enter is a toggle.

Bye for now.

From Shaz.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Hicks

Join the crowd!  grin

Have a great day, 73

Bob Hicks, KC8CR

Hi Adrian,

Take care, Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool.

Adrian Spratt

Mike and everyone,

For the record, I was the first to post the correction, including stating the correct keystroke. Curious that so much attention is being paid to a mistake that I immediately corrected. Isn’t the point to keep focus on the correct information rather than hammer away at the error?

The bigger picture is that errors on this list do get corrected. If this is collateral damage from that worthy objective, so be it.

Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 9:00 AM

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for finding & posting this message.  Yup Adrian you did post the wrong keystroke for Narrator!  LOL  LOL  Anyways the keystroke for starting / stopping Narrator in Windows 10 latest version is, Windows key, Control + Enter, it's a toggle so like I said earlier this keystroke will start & turn off Narrator.

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!

Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 8:50 PM

Bye for now.

From Shaz.

Join the crowd!  grin

Have a great day, 73

Bob Hicks, KC8CR

Hi Adrian,

Take care, Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool.