jaws2019 and windows 10 mail app

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the windows10 mail app? I use it as my main email client. And if I get an email with lots of headings and links with articles in the middle, I open it, do a say-all with jaws, Jaws reads for a little, hangs for 30 seconds, reads another paragraph or so, hangs, then windows mail crashes. I’m just using jaws with eloquence. Sometimes I connect my orbit reader20 braille display and read stuff in braille. If others are having this windows10 mail app issue, hopefully it will be fixed in the next jaws update or maybe scripts could be written to get around the issue? I’m also running the latest windows10 update.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic483@...>

Josh,

I have always  had this problem with jaws and the mail  app  and html messages.  I have been using office 365 and that seems to work fine.

Matthew

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the windows10 mail app? I use it as my main email client. And if I get an email with lots of headings and links with articles in the middle, I open it, do a say-all with jaws, Jaws reads for a little, hangs for 30 seconds, reads another paragraph or so, hangs, then windows mail crashes. I’m just using jaws with eloquence. Sometimes I connect my orbit reader20 braille display and read stuff in braille. If others are having this windows10 mail app issue, hopefully it will be fixed in the next jaws update or maybe scripts could be written to get around the issue? I’m also running the latest windows10 update.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

I hope they fix the mail app problems in the next jaws update. I prefer it due to its simple layout. whenever i use it I have to switch over to NVDA.

Maria Reyes <blindathlete7@...>

Hi Josh, have you tried Outlook as an alternative? At least until they fix the problems you're having?

On Nov 3, 2018, at 8:33 AM, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

I hope they fix the mail app problems in the next jaws update. I prefer it due to its simple layout. whenever i use it I have to switch over to NVDA.

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

no i have not tried outlook, i do not have an office365 subscription. is there a good free mail app that works good with jaws until they get windows10 mail app fixed?  i will be calling fs support about this on monday.

Maria Reyes <blindathlete7@...>

Mozilla Thunderbird is another good alternative.

On Nov 4, 2018, at 12:09 PM, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

no i have not tried outlook, i do not have an office365 subscription. is there a good free mail app that works good with jaws until they get windows10 mail app fixed?  i will be calling fs support about this on monday.

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

You can use Thunderbird Josh. I’m having issues with the Mail app myself. I have to go back to NVDA sometimes.