From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Maria Reyes
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:14 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] How to change modifier key/jaws key?

Hi all, I have a netbook sized laptop that I use. The insert key is the same key as delete but when I try to do inser F6 nothing happens. I tried adding the function key but nothing happened. Is there a way I can use the caps lock key or shift key as the insert key? Where do I change this? Running Windows 10.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Glenn / Lenny

I really think that laptop layout should be the default.
Nothing is lost with that setting, it only adds more functionality, and standard keyboard users would have to do nothing differently.

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:31 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] How to change modifier key/jaws key?

I think you’re looking for the laptop keyboard layout. You’ll find this in the JAWS menu:

Insert-j for JAWS

Press enter on “Options.”

Press enter on “Basics” and tab over to the keyboard layout list.