Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:24 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] chrome

What works better fire fox or chrome. Using latest jaws 2018. I was having problems reading our local paper and they suggested that I do not use I.E. but fire fox or chrome and preferably chrome. I have not installed it yet. Just wondering if it is worth trying?

---

Please visit my web page

http://www.LennyMcHugh.com

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Almost anything is worth trying. :P

But seriously, of course. You’ll probably have a better time than you would with IE.

Firefox Quantum (the only firefox still going) and JAWS 2018 still have issues working together. There is supposedly a fix for this coming to JAWS 2018 yet but no idea when that’ll emerge. It still works but you will have to restart the browser with task manager several times a day, probably. Although I’m not certain that this bug is affecting everyone….

Chrome works well and I’ve been using it a little more lately. I still prefer Firefox and Chrome does weird things on occasion, but it’s nothing major. Why not try it?

From: Lenny McHugh

What works better fire fox or chrome. Using latest jaws 2018. I was having problems reading our local paper and they suggested that I do not use I.E. but fire fox or chrome and preferably chrome. I have not installed it yet. Just wondering if it is worth trying?

---

Please visit my web page

http://www.LennyMcHugh.com

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Except the ESR is now at version 60, which still has problems with JAWS 2018.
If you're using it without hangs, that's interesting. It makes no difference to me if I'm on ff 60 or 62 (which is why I ended up ditching the ESR) -- it still hangs multiple times daily. It only does this when jAWS is being used. People using JAWS 2019 beta do not have this issue, apparently.

From: Lenny McHugh

What works better fire fox or chrome. Using latest jaws 2018. I was having
problems reading our local paper and they suggested that I do not use I.E. but
fire fox or chrome and preferably chrome. I have not installed it yet. Just
wondering if it is worth trying?

---

Please visit my web page

http://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Dennis L

Explain favorites please.

Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:24 PM

What works better fire fox or chrome. Using latest jaws 2018. I was having problems reading our local paper and they suggested that I do not use I.E. but fire fox or chrome and preferably chrome. I have not installed it yet. Just wondering if it is worth trying?

---

Please visit my web page

http://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Dennis L

If someone could explain how to quickly access favorites and how to auto play flash streams this would be appreciated.

Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:24 PM

What works better fire fox or chrome. Using latest jaws 2018. I was having problems reading our local paper and they suggested that I do not use I.E. but fire fox or chrome and preferably chrome. I have not installed it yet. Just wondering if it is worth trying?

---

Please visit my web page

http://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Matthew Chao

I used Chrome on the Social Security Web site, and it missed some crucial radio buttons. As a result, I got locked out of my account. Yet, when I went into IE to do the same thing, everything showed up. So, go figure. We need to use all the browsers available to us. One size does not fit all.--Matthew Chao