From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: September 29, 2018 2:03 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] JAWS vs Office 2016 / Office 365

Hi All,

I'm setting up a new Windows 10 Home laptop for my wife.  I would like to get feedback from those that used or know about both Office 2016 & Office 365.  I don't want a subscription but, I want an install version.

Would y'all please tell me which would be the best option?  I'm looking at the Home & Student version of either the Office or Office 365 since the program will get very little use.  All input will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

andy t

Hello Mike, wright me off list and I think I can help you with this.

I'm setting up a new Windows 10 Home laptop for my wife.  I would like to get feedback from those that used or know about both Office 2016 & Office 365.  I don't want a subscription but, I want an install version.

Would y'all please tell me which would be the best option?  I'm looking at the Home & Student version of either the Office or Office 365 since the program will get very little use.  All input will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi JM,

Thanks much.  I had heard that you can get Office 365 as a downloadable version, hence the query, but I do not want a cloud subscription based program at all.  Thanks again.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Sounds like you want Office 2016 then. Office 365 is supposed to be “cloud-based” and subscription-oriented.

I have Office 2016 and it works well – better than Office 2010 did for the most part.

I'm setting up a new Windows 10 Home laptop for my wife.  I would like to get feedback from those that used or know about both Office 2016 & Office 365.  I don't want a subscription but, I want an install version.

Would y'all please tell me which would be the best option?  I'm looking at the Home & Student version of either the Office or Office 365 since the program will get very little use.  All input will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Judy Jones <sonshines59@...>

I was thinking that Office 365 was a subscription.

Judy

I'm setting up a new Windows 10 Home laptop for my wife.  I would like to get feedback from those that used or know about both Office 2016 & Office 365.  I don't want a subscription but, I want an install version.

Would y'all please tell me which would be the best option?  I'm looking at the Home & Student version of either the Office or Office 365 since the program will get very little use.  All input will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sent from my iBarstool.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Hey Mike.

I hear you on that, and that’s why I got Office 2016 fairly recently as well.

I read a couple of FAQs and I’m still slightly mystified. But yeah, you download components of Office 365, but I think it’s smaller than a regular office download, and although I’m not quite sure how the subscription offers work, it is supposed to be cheaper than 2016/2019 as well.

[...]

Carolyn

I have Office 365 and I am not doing anything with the cloud. The software is loaded on my computer (Windows 10) and all of my files that I create and edit are on my hard drive. I have found the only difference is that in Outlook 365 I have to use SHIFT+F6 to get to the folder list, whereas on my work computer that has Outlook 2016, I can still SHIFT+TAB to get into the folder list. Otherwise all the same. I also do not use my Office 365 for much other than e-mail, a few Word documents, and an occasional Excel file.