From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of michele thredgold
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2018 9:09 PM
To: JAWS List <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Selecting Emails - JAWS 1018, Outlook 2016

Hi all.  Have things changed in either of these programs when it comes to selecting emails?  I was trying to select various emails from y Sent box in order to delete them, but every time I pressed control up arrow and then space (I was going from the bottom up), JAWS would say “not selected”. Do I have the wrong command? Shouold I have been pressing shift instead?

Thanks.

Michele

Van Lant, Robin

I am using JAWS 2018 and Office 2016.  HOLDING Control, arrowing up and down and hitting space on the messages you want to select still works for me.

Hi all.  Have things changed in either of these programs when it comes to selecting emails?  I was trying to select various emails from y Sent box in order to delete them, but every time I pressed control up arrow and then space (I was going from the bottom up), JAWS would say “not selected”. Do I have the wrong command? Shouold I have been pressing shift instead?

Thanks.

Michele

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

TheHangMan

Hi,

Shift plus up or down arrow is used to select the messages and press the delete key, or press shift delete to delete them to oblivient!

Or, press control shift V to move the selected messages to a folder  in the treeview list.

HTH,

Jorge,

There is no better symbol for the purpose we serve than the emblem every Marine earns: the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. The eagle represents the proud nation we defend. It stands at the ready with our coastlines in sight and the entire world within reach of its outstretched wings. The globe represents our worldwide presence. The anchor points both to the Marine Corps' naval heritage and its ability to access any coastline in the world. Together, the eagle, globe and anchor symbolize our commitment to defend our nation—in the air, on land and at sea.

I am using JAWS 2018 and Office 2016.  HOLDING Control, arrowing up and down and hitting space on the messages you want to select still works for me.

Hi all.  Have things changed in either of these programs when it comes to selecting emails?  I was trying to select various emails from y Sent box in order to delete them, but every time I pressed control up arrow and then space (I was going from the bottom up), JAWS would say “not selected”. Do I have the wrong command? Shouold I have been pressing shift instead?

Thanks.

Michele

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

michele thredgold

Is this the case with more than one message – shift up and down arrow, I mean?

I am using JAWS 2018 and Office 2016.  HOLDING Control, arrowing up and down and hitting space on the messages you want to select still works for me.

Hi all.  Have things changed in either of these programs when it comes to selecting emails?  I was trying to select various emails from y Sent box in order to delete them, but every time I pressed control up arrow and then space (I was going from the bottom up), JAWS would say “not selected”. Do I have the wrong command? Shouold I have been pressing shift instead?

Thanks.

Michele

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Van Lant, Robin

Using Shift and the arrows selects the first message you started on and all messages you subsequently arrow over.  If, instead, you hold the Control key and then arrow, you can select (with the spacebar) the message you want.  The second method is used if you want to, say, delete the first and third messages, but not the second.  If you use the first method, and arrow down, you’d be deleting all three messages.  This also works in file explorer.

Is this the case with more than one message – shift up and down arrow, I mean?

I am using JAWS 2018 and Office 2016.  HOLDING Control, arrowing up and down and hitting space on the messages you want to select still works for me.

Hi all.  Have things changed in either of these programs when it comes to selecting emails?  I was trying to select various emails from y Sent box in order to delete them, but every time I pressed control up arrow and then space (I was going from the bottom up), JAWS would say “not selected”. Do I have the wrong command? Shouold I have been pressing shift instead?

Thanks.

Michele

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

TheHangMan

Hi,

Like I said, shift down arrow will select the first one for example, but keep repeating, until you are done selecting, then preform the command you desire.

Or, do a control shift right/left arrow to select also.

The style of command you are doing works better, when you are selecting music  to rip because you want to skip a track or two.

If, I have to move a lot of the same mail, I get rid of the mail inbetween, so when I come through it’s easy picking.

[...]

Hey Robin,

I got down the selecting, but I practice deselecting and failed.

I would go back to the mail I selected and switch to shift spacebar and that was not it. I then switch to control shift and press the delete  key,not thinking and I reselected mail and I lost a couple.

My bust!

So, what’s the deselecting command.

Thanks,

[...]

Adrian Spratt

Jorge,

I’m not Robin, but let me try explaining it this way.

Hold down the control key. Then navigate through the message or file list by arrowing down.

When you land on a message you don’t want to select, release the arrow key and press the spacebar. Note that you keep the control key pressed throughout the whole operation. Then continue arrowing down, deselecting as you go with the spacebar. Be sure to release the arrow key when you press the spacebar.

That’s how it works on my system.

My apologies to Robin for mishearing the name as “Robert” the other day.