Topics

SMAs and multiple computers

chris judge

This isn’t new, it’s been this way since the introduction of the ILM licensing scheme in, I believe it was jaws 6. This means you can authorize up to three computers using the same ILM.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Hicks
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2018 10:08 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] SMAs and multiple computers

I thought I heard Eric say that you can use jaws on 3 computers with 1 authorization.

Have a great day, 73

Bob Hicks, KC8CR

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of matthew dyer
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 4:46 PM

Hi,

If you authorize jsaws on 2 pcs, it will use 2 of your authorizations.  Your SMA has nothing to do with it.  If you upgrade to 2019 when it is offishelly out, it will use 1 SMA if you have one.

HTH.

Matthew

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of wayne smith
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:29 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] SMAs and multiple computers

Hello all- If I download the latest version for 2 computers does that use up 2SMAs?

Wayne

Bob Hicks

I thought I heard Eric say that you can use jaws on 3 computers with 1 authorization.

Have a great day, 73

Bob Hicks, KC8CR

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of matthew dyer
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 4:46 PM

Hi,

If you authorize jsaws on 2 pcs, it will use 2 of your authorizations.  Your SMA has nothing to do with it.  If you upgrade to 2019 when it is offishelly out, it will use 1 SMA if you have one.

HTH.

Matthew

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of wayne smith

Hello all- If I download the latest version for 2 computers does that use up 2SMAs?

Wayne

matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic483@...>

Hi,

HTH.

Matthew

Wayne

Michael Massey

No.  I have Jaws on two computers, and I still have the latest s m a. 

wayne smith

Wayne