Topics

JAWS 2019 Initial Thoughts

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Hi friends,

Just downloaded the initial version.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.

It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.

Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

Rose

So far I am not having that problem but faster download did not happen and loading faster so far is not happening.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.

It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.

Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

george b

I have no issues like listed below.

It loads about 3 times faster then 2018, and I get a email full announced when I enter the first letter of a pemail.

So far I am not having that problem but faster download did not happen and loading faster so far is not happening.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.

It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.

Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

Dennis L

I am having no issues so far.  It took a while to install.  I purposely didn’t install the FS ocr that you can install first to make it faster.

It loads about 3 times faster then 2018, and I get a email full announced when I enter the first letter of a pemail.

So far I am not having that problem but faster download did not happen and loading faster so far is not happening.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.

It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.

Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

empacc.net

hi:

I had the same problem with jaws repeating jaws home use addition.

I just unloaded it and restarted it and now it’s working fine.

it does seem to start up faster from a shutdown, also.

Howard Wolcott

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.

It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.

Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

No issues at this time with the beta. Installed fast and no concern. Go jaws.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.

It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.

Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

David Ferrin

I don’t always install betas, but this time I did and the results are promising.No issues at all as of yet.

No issues at this time with the beta. Installed fast and no concern. Go jaws.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.

It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.

Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

David Ferrin
owner@...
A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked perfectly.

Dennis L

I agree I notice a much better improvement.

I don’t always install betas, but this time I did and the results are promising.No issues at all as of yet.

No issues at this time with the beta. Installed fast and no concern. Go jaws.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.

It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.

Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

David Ferrin
owner@...
A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked perfectly.

george b

The one place I really see improvement is in using 365 excel from the installed excel on my pc it starts reading almost instantly the cells, and very good in entering deleatting data.

I agree I notice a much better improvement.

I don’t always install betas, but this time I did and the results are promising.No issues at all as of yet.

No issues at this time with the beta. Installed fast and no concern. Go jaws.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.

It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.

Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

David Ferrin
owner@...
A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked perfectly.

Marek Durila

Hi,
I hat only problem that installation on t450 lenovo with 8 giga ram and SSD in win 7 pro 64 bit taken about 35, 45 minutes.
This I will report to VFO as a bug don't understand why so long because Jaws 2018 and 18 was installed there was not necessary install ocr or it was updated as well?

Regards,

Marek Durila
Nordic Health Check - Perform Health Check Team Member
IBM Client Innovation Centre Central Europe

Phone: 420-53341-4788 | Mobile: 420-605-031-743
E-mail:
Marek_Durila@...
Technicka 21
Brno, 61600
Czech Republic

"Rose" ---18.09.2018 18:18:14---So far I am not having that problem but faster download did not happen and loading faster so far is

From: "Rose" <rosecombs52@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 18.09.2018 18:18
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

So far I am not having that problem but faster download did not happen and loading faster so far is not happening.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.
It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.
Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

For more information and to find out how you can switch,
https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

Chris G

Mine took that long as well under Windows 10.

I had Vipre Antivirus active at the time, not sure if that would make a difference.

From: "Rose" <rosecombs52@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 18.09.2018 18:18
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

So far I am not having that problem but faster download did not happen and loading faster so far is not happening.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.
It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.
Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

george b

Which version of viper do you chris?

From: "Rose" <rosecombs52@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 18.09.2018 18:18
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

So far I am not having that problem but faster download did not happen and loading faster so far is not happening.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.
It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.
Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

Sadam Ahmed

I've just finished catching up on this thread and wanted to chime in with my own impressions.

I installed the beta on the office PC and thus far very happy with how responsive Jfw is specially when browsing the web.

Even dealing with lots of email in Thunderbird is greatly improved.

In my experience, from time to time under version 2018 if I moved up and down in the list of messages, speech would hang occasionally.

Those are the 2 examples that come to mind.

The release notes mention greater responsiveness in office, which I'm looking forward to trying out, both via  speech, and braille.

Finally, I am not having any issues regarding announcement of a background Window.

Running Windows 10 (OS Build 17134.285).

No Vipre software.

Best,

Sadam Ahmed

From: "Rose" <rosecombs52@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 18.09.2018 18:18
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

So far I am not having that problem but faster download did not happen and loading faster so far is not happening.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.
It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.
Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

Yours sincerely,

Sadam Ahmed

JAWS & iOS certified

My  Windows 10 story!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac9NsWUv3YM

FaceTime, iMessage & email

sadam@...

Rose

I have to say I did appreciate migrate settings.  That meant I did not have to go in and turn off space bar, my speech rate was just where I wanted it, and my personalized pages stayed personalized so I did not have to do that again as I usually needed to do.  Thanks for saving me at least five minutes, most of which would have been spent setting up the web page I want a certain way.  I never remember the process have to search and/or pray.

No issues at this time with the beta. Installed fast and no concern. Go jaws.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.

It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.

Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

David Moore

Hi all!

I have been putting JAWS 2019 Beta One through its paces for two days.

I love that audio ducking is back, and the tab key is silent.

It works better in the Mail app, and it reads the suggestions as you type in an email. It works better and is more snappy in the Win10 settings app.

The great part about JAWS 2019, is VFO’s commitment to take what is already there and make it much more reliable, snappy, and JAWS has not crashed once.

VFO really did the right thing by not adding a bunch of new features, but instead, made what is already there in JAWS much more reliable.

I definitely noticed how much faster it restarts as well. It installed more quickly as well.

Over all, I am really going to enjoy using JAWS 2019.

Have a great one!

David Moore

                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

I agree with all the comment.  However jaws beta need to keep working on Edge.

[...]

Yes, I didn’t notice it was any faster to load either but I think my laptop has something in the startup that could be causing issues.

So far I am not having that problem but faster download did not happen and loading faster so far is not happening.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.

It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.

Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

I Have now unloaded and re-loaded and it doesn’t seem to keep saying the JAWS For Windows backgtound issue.

I don’t always install betas, but this time I did and the results are promising.No issues at all as of yet.

No issues at this time with the beta. Installed fast and no concern. Go jaws.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.

It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.

Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

David Ferrin
owner@...
A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked perfectly.

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

JAWS 2019 initial beta still doesn’t read email addresses in the new message to box automatically when it is auto completing on my machine.

I Am having some feedback from what would seem to be a background window e.g. when I am in Microsoft Outlook 2016 opening messages etc, JAWS seems to keep saying JAWS For Windows for some reason.

It also doesn’t read the automatic email address suggestions when you are typing a new message, in the to box.

Not sure if anyone else has found any similar issues?

matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic483@...>

Hi,

I this problem only accurs when jaws is in the taskbar and in the ault tab order.  Thank you for reminding me to report this as I think it will help me track it down the more It is experienced by others.

Matthew