jaws setting and edge

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

Does anyone have specific setting for jaws that makes edge works much better? I mean configuration within jaws that will make the experience better and easy to use jaws.Using jaws 2018 and W10. Thanks.

Holger Fiallo

Ron Kolesar

I too would deeply appreciate this information as well.
If we could make Edge as Blind friendly as what IE 11 is already is, I would seriously think about switching to Edge as my default browser instead of IE 11.
At least I thoroughly stress test edge out and follow the advice to those JAWS users who’s smarter than I am with setting up JAWS to work with Edge.
I mean all we want is a equal playing field that our sighted friends already have.
If this is the case, then they’d have to make Edge blind friendly since it is the new way to do things.
Just my two cents on this topic.
73’s Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 21:31
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] jaws setting and edge

Does anyone have specific setting for jaws that makes edge works much better? I mean configuration within jaws that will make the experience better and easy to use jaws.Using jaws 2018 and W10. Thanks.

Holger Fiallo

Kevin <kleeva5@...>

to stop microsoft Edge from announcing

entering navigation, exiting navigation; entering search, exiting search; entering form, exiting form etc...

1.            Open Microsoft Edge.

2.            Press Insert+6 to open the “Settings Center” and load the Microsoft Edge configuration file.

3.            Press the Down Arrow until you reach the “Speech Verbosity” feature and press the Right Arrow to open it.

4.            Press the Down Arrow once and note the “Verbosity” level you are currently using.

5.            Press the Down Arrow again to the “Configure Verbosity Levels” feature and press the Right Arrow to open it.

6.            Press the Down Arrow until you reach the “Verbosity Level” you are using, and press the Spacebar to open it.

7.            In the “Preferences” dialog box, use the Down Arrow until you reach the “Position Information” setting, and press the Spacebar to uncheck it.

8.            Press the Enter key twice to save the setting and return to Microsoft Edge.

If

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 6:31 PM

Holger Fiallo

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

Thanks so much. Perfect. This is what I needed help.

Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] jaws setting and edge

to stop microsoft Edge from announcing

entering navigation, exiting navigation; entering search, exiting search; entering form, exiting form etc...

1.            Open Microsoft Edge.

2.            Press Insert+6 to open the “Settings Center” and load the Microsoft Edge configuration file.

3.            Press the Down Arrow until you reach the “Speech Verbosity” feature and press the Right Arrow to open it.

4.            Press the Down Arrow once and note the “Verbosity” level you are currently using.

5.            Press the Down Arrow again to the “Configure Verbosity Levels” feature and press the Right Arrow to open it.

6.            Press the Down Arrow until you reach the “Verbosity Level” you are using, and press the Spacebar to open it.

7.            In the “Preferences” dialog box, use the Down Arrow until you reach the “Position Information” setting, and press the Spacebar to uncheck it.

8.            Press the Enter key twice to save the setting and return to Microsoft Edge.

If

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 6:31 PM

Holger Fiallo

Rose

I have to agree about this, Edge to me is barbaric. 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Kolesar
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 8:28 PM

If we could make Edge as Blind friendly as what IE 11 is already is, I would seriously think about switching to Edge as my default browser instead of IE 11.

At least I thoroughly stress test edge out and follow the advice to those JAWS users who’s smarter than I am with setting up JAWS to work with Edge.

I mean all we want is a equal playing field that our sighted friends already have.

If this is the case, then they’d have to make Edge blind friendly since it is the new way to do things.

Holger Fiallo

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

I don’t really know many sighted people who bother with Edge; most use Chrome, with Firefox in the running back there somewhere as well. There are always other alternatives

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Kolesar
Sent: September 14, 2018 11:28 PM

Holger Fiallo