Here's what I don't like about Edge.

Ron Kolesar

When working with edge you constantly here the this page has so many columns and so many rolls.
It is a huge headache.
You do not hear that garbage while using IE11.
I mainly use IE 11 for surfing the internet and or taking the advance online ham radio emergency communication courses that the county wants us now to take since they'll be changing the frequencies in our areas for the home based 911 scanners that we enjoy listening to.
So, Microsoft still needs to work the bugs out of edge and what I also don't like is the mail app is as follows.
Even though Microsoft dropped tech support for WLM in March of either 2017 or 2018.
I still use it for my main mail package.
I've tried out look because it's suppose to be like WLM, but it is tricky.
At least to me.
A ms disability operator recommended that I go out to
www.outlook.com
And try out look from there.
I haven't had the chance to do that just yet with these courses that the county wants us to take.
But what I like about WLM is the following two features.
1. You can set message rules and or also known as message filters.
So, say I get a letter about JAWS, it will go into the jaws mailbox and my in box will not over flow with mail.
2. I have two mailboxes with sub mailboxes in them.
Still if I set a rule and or filter the modem and rotter will see the address and still ship it to the correct mailbox.
I understand that you can do the sub mailboxes but you still can not do the filters and or rules still not yet.
I've tried out the mail app twice, and had MS tech support link up with me and install it both times.
The first time I had to roll the clock back and the second time I called and had them uninstall the mail package.
So there is my opinion on the Mail app, even though I know several blind people are enjoying the MS mail app.
But I'm going to stay with the WLM mail app until they finally get all of the bugs worked out of the ms mail app.
Just my two cents on this topic.
Ron U.S. ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
Which stands for:
Pennsylvania West County Emergency Com-Tree Manager.

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

Agreed However is not jaws issues mentioning all that thing? However still better than Chrome. I am noticing that when I do search many thing popp up such as tabs high show and so on.

[...]

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

I don't use Edge, but re the row and columns stuff, that's a screen-reader
feature. Maybe it's eroneously recognising stuff as tables. But if you go to
your jAWS verbosity settings, you should be able to turn this off, in any
browser. I recently upgraded to jAWS 2018 and I noticed I was getting a lot
more "false table readings" in firefox than I used to -- not on every page
but for example in the private messages screen on m.facebook.com, it would
tell me there were columns and rows when they weren't there. So, I just
turned off that announcement.

As for outlook, do you mean the message rules are not accessible? Because
although I've never tried it out, it's certainly been an outlook feature
going back to the days of Windows 98 if not before. I've always had Office
though and Outlook is a part of that, sso local on my system.

[...]

Sharon S

Hi, I use Outlook all the time since I could no longer use outlook express.
Setting up message rules are quick and easy and I have them set for all my
lists. I haven't tried setting up a rule to move messages from my second
account to the folders on my first account but I can't see why this can't be
done.

From Shaz.

[...]

How much is outlook? I have student office 2013 that I purchase along time ago. How easy is to use?

[...]

Well, I've had issues with all parts of the out look mail package with JAWS.
Hope this answers your questions.
I'll stay with WLM unless it gives me serious issues and I then would have to switch to a new program.
Hopefully Blind friendly.
But yes WLM offers both sub mailboxes and message rules/message filter options so that your inbox isn't over flowing with mail.
Many like most of us, I take e-mail for granted. SMILES.
I remember the good old days with large print typewriters and having to squint my brains out to read a page that I just typed.
In the good old days of Morse Code short hand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes from Ham Radio Station Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
[...]

Kevin <kleeva5@...>

In order to get Edge to stop bickering

to stop microsoft Edge from announcing

entering navigation, exiting navigation; entering search, exiting search; entering form, exiting form etc...

1.            Open Microsoft Edge.

2.            Press Insert+6 to open the “Settings Center” and load the Microsoft Edge configuration file.

3.            Press the Down Arrow until you reach the “Speech Verbosity” feature and press the Right Arrow to open it.

4.            Press the Down Arrow once and note the “Verbosity” level you are currently using.

5.            Press the Down Arrow again to the “Configure Verbosity Levels” feature and press the Right Arrow to open it.

6.            Press the Down Arrow until you reach the “Verbosity Level” you are using, and press the Spacebar to open it.

7.            In the “Preferences” dialog box, use the Down Arrow until you reach the “Position Information” setting, and press the Spacebar to uncheck it.

8.            Press the Enter key twice to save the setting and return to Microsoft Edge.

If

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

[...]

Jim Pursley

    I had to bail from Thunderbird a couple of months ago because we didn't have a good archiving option which would coordinate with it.  We moved to Office 365 with underlying Office 2016.  I downloaded the office programs including Outlook.  At the same time, I purchased the JAWS training modules for outlook, etc for $75 each.  With the training, I'm up and running on Outlook etc with no major issues beyond those little annoying things FS is working on to fix in their next 2018 build.  I find Outlook more efficient, though more complex, than Thunderbird.  I can do more with fewer keystrokes (creating files, moving messages etc.) with OUtlook than I was able to do with Thunderbird.  This said, the Office 2016 programs are pretty memory intensive.  Outlook uses Word as its word processor, which is fine if you like Word.

So what I did of necessity has turned out fine.

-----Original Message----- From: JM Casey