Topics

Zoom platform users needed

wayne smith

Hello- I am being invited to an interactive session next week that uses the Zoom platform.  I am still using Windows 7 and JAWS 15 and wonder if there are successful Zoom users that can direct me to a tutorial or give some tips. I opened it on my computer and with the JAWS key on I can read some log in text but when I go back to the PC cursor it is silent. Help appreciated.

Wayne

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Hey Wayne.

I don’t know about a tutorial. But I was able to use Zoom successfully for voice conferencing using JAWS 18. This was less than a year ago and I read they have made accessibility improvements since then, most notably getting new text appearing the text chat window to be announced automatically. I do not know if any of this works as well with JAWS 15, though.

There are a lot of keyboard commands that will help you once you get logged in. I believe the list is available from the client somewhere, but you can also do a google search for “zoom keyboard commands” and you should find the whole list.

Good luck.

Hello- I am being invited to an interactive session next week that uses the Zoom platform.  I am still using Windows 7 and JAWS 15 and wonder if there are successful Zoom users that can direct me to a tutorial or give some tips. I opened it on my computer and with the JAWS key on I can read some log in text but when I go back to the PC cursor it is silent. Help appreciated.

Wayne

wayne smith

Thanks, I did find some good info on the Perkins site and Johnathon Mosen of FS fame has a book on the topic. Glad to hear that you could use it out of the box. More tricks for an old dog.