Topics

Zoom platform users needed

wayne smith

Hello- I am being invited to an interactive session next week that uses the Zoom platform.  I am still using Windows 7 and JAWS 15 and wonder if there are successful Zoom users that can direct me to a tutorial or give some tips. I opened it on my computer and with the JAWS key on I can read some log in text but when I go back to the PC cursor it is silent. Help appreciated.

Wayne

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Hey Wayne.

I don’t know about a tutorial. But I was able to use Zoom successfully for voice conferencing using JAWS 18. This was less than a year ago and I read they have made accessibility improvements since then, most notably getting new text appearing the text chat window to be announced automatically. I do not know if any of this works as well with JAWS 15, though.

There are a lot of keyboard commands that will help you once you get logged in. I believe the list is available from the client somewhere, but you can also do a google search for “zoom keyboard commands” and you should find the whole list.

Good luck.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of wayne smith
Sent: August 22, 2018 5:04 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Zoom platform users needed

Hello- I am being invited to an interactive session next week that uses the Zoom platform.  I am still using Windows 7 and JAWS 15 and wonder if there are successful Zoom users that can direct me to a tutorial or give some tips. I opened it on my computer and with the JAWS key on I can read some log in text but when I go back to the PC cursor it is silent. Help appreciated.

Wayne

wayne smith

Thanks, I did find some good info on the Perkins site and Johnathon Mosen of FS fame has a book on the topic. Glad to hear that you could use it out of the box. More tricks for an old dog.

Wayne

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Zoom platform users needed

Hey Wayne.

I don’t know about a tutorial. But I was able to use Zoom successfully for voice conferencing using JAWS 18. This was less than a year ago and I read they have made accessibility improvements since then, most notably getting new text appearing the text chat window to be announced automatically. I do not know if any of this works as well with JAWS 15, though.

There are a lot of keyboard commands that will help you once you get logged in. I believe the list is available from the client somewhere, but you can also do a google search for “zoom keyboard commands” and you should find the whole list.

Good luck.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of wayne smith

Wayne

Yeah, admittedly I didn’t use a lot of the features, but there was no learning curve, it worked pretty much as expected without much fiddling, the only thing I couldn’t really do was select and copy a URL that was given to me in the chat window. But these were mostly  voice conferences so I didn’t use the text window much.

If you aren’t able to upgrade JAWS and are still having problems, you could try NVDA; there has been discussion on the list there about Zoom and it seems to work rather well.

Sent: August 22, 2018 6:18 PM

Thanks, I did find some good info on the Perkins site and Johnathon Mosen of FS fame has a book on the topic. Glad to hear that you could use it out of the box. More tricks for an old dog.

Wayne

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 5:04 PM

Hey Wayne.

Good luck.

Wayne

Andy

I have only used the IOS app, which is completely accessible.

Andy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 2:03 PM

Wayne

Hello,

About "Zoom" and JAWS script, visit next link:  

Best from Gradimir

----- Originalna poruka -----
Poslato: sreda, 22. avgust 2018 23:03
Tema: [jaws-users] Zoom platform users needed

Wayne

Justin Williams

How do I get zoom on the pc?

Or, does someone have to send me a link?

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Gradimir Kragic
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2018 1:25 PM

Hello,

Best from Gradimir

Wayne

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Williams
Sent: August 23, 2018 8:17 PM

How do I get zoom on the pc?

Or, does someone have to send me a link?

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Gradimir Kragic
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2018 1:25 PM

Hello,

Best from Gradimir

Wayne