Topics

New JAWS 2018 user Excel Question for keystrokes to read column headings and row titles

patti

Ok this is what I do.

I have windows10, jaws18, and MS 2010, but it might work on MS 2016.

Excel Row and Column Title Reading

1, be in the cell roll you want it to be read, like A1

2, Press insert V

3, press the letter T

4, arrow down to title reading

5, arrow down one time to, Define Name Column and Row Titles off

6, press the space bar until you hear current file

7, arrow down two times to title reading detection off

8, press the space bar

A, the first choice is read the column

B, read the row

C, read both

9, after you make your choice then press enter twice

Then it will go back to the work sheet

I hope this works for you.

Patti

Hi Patty,

I want to hear the column headings that are placed in row 1, columns A through whatever, regardless of where my cursor is located in the spreadsheet.

Alan Lemly