Topics

MSWord has text that moves

wayne smith

Hello all- I am writing a document in MS Word 2010 and some strange things happen. As I am typing and then reading what I wrote there are times when the text moves from the end of the line to some place further back in the doc and I have to cut and paste it back where it belongs. It never happens with MS Word 2007.  Any thoughts?

Wayne

Adrian Spratt

This happens to me when I have different formats in the same document. You can have different formats without a problem occurring, such as when you indent quotations, etc. However, if you’ve been copying text from different sources and randomly mixing it up, you can confuse poor old Word. If you didn’t intend to use different formats (font, point size, etc.), I’d suggest selecting the entire text and conforming it to the format of your choice.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of wayne smith
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:09 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] MSWord has text that moves

Hello all- I am writing a document in MS Word 2010 and some strange things happen. As I am typing and then reading what I wrote there are times when the text moves from the end of the line to some place further back in the doc and I have to cut and paste it back where it belongs. It never happens with MS Word 2007.  Any thoughts?

Wayne

wayne smith

I did paste some text into the doc and then I removed formatting and reformatted it but still had the issue.  It looks as though I will have to complete the docs in one font and format and then go back to make any changes as an extra step. I miss my MS Word 2007.

Wayne

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] MSWord has text that moves

This happens to me when I have different formats in the same document. You can have different formats without a problem occurring, such as when you indent quotations, etc. However, if you’ve been copying text from different sources and randomly mixing it up, you can confuse poor old Word. If you didn’t intend to use different formats (font, point size, etc.), I’d suggest selecting the entire text and conforming it to the format of your choice.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of wayne smith

Wayne

Adrian Spratt

I’m confident there’s no difference in this regard between word 2007 and 2016. When pasting in text from other sources, I don’t use the simple control-v paste command, but instead the alt-control-v special paste command, press enter, arrow down once, and then press enter again. It avoids format conflicts.

Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 3:52 PM

I did paste some text into the doc and then I removed formatting and reformatted it but still had the issue.  It looks as though I will have to complete the docs in one font and format and then go back to make any changes as an extra step. I miss my MS Word 2007.

Wayne

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:42 PM

Wayne