wlm 2012

Ann Byrne

I downloaded and tried to install it, and got the message that it couldn't be installed. I have windows 10 set to install all apps, not just those from the store. Is there something else hiding in settings?

WLM 2012 was the final version of Windows Live Mail as part of the Microsoft Essentials Suite.

It installs and works perfectly well on Windows 10 machines and I've installed it multiple times for individuals using POP or IMAP e-mail access that wanted an accessible email client. It's running at this very moment on this machine.

I downloaded the very last full standalone installer about 4 days before it was pulled from the Microsoft site and placed it on my Google Drive. If anyone wants a copy to install any of the programs that were part of essentials, here's the installer in ZIP file format: <https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B98uELZbPFnOSF8xTzhfYnh4WUU>Microsoft Essentials 2012 Installer.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Not of which I'm aware.

This is not an app.  It is an installed application (AKA Desktop App) much like MS-Office (at least if you're on 2016 or earlier), Thunderbird, etc.

I just triggered the installer on this machine, which does not have any of the Windows Essentials 2012 (which is what it is, not Microsoft Essentials 2012) and it is running normally, giving me the UAC warning then, after I allow it to continue, goes straight to the What do you want to install? dialog, where I selected, Choose the programs you want to install.

Then the Select programs to install dialog comes up and I unchecked everything but Windows Live Mail (which is listed simply as Mail), hit the Install button, and away it went.  It finishes installing and you get a "Close" button.

I searched for Windows Live Mail and it showed up as the first search result then I opened its folder and sent a short cut to the desktop.  When I fire that up I'm getting the initial licensing agreement, at which point I stopped because I don't feel like setting up an account in WLM 2012 on this machine just yet.

Ann Byrne

So the first screen, windows essentials 2012, after UAC:
Preparing to install...

Then this:
Windows Essentials 2012
Couldn't install programs
Please try installing Windows Essentials programs again.
Get help
Show details Close
"Show details" closes the screen.

At 05:52 PM 7/22/2018, you wrote:
Not of which I'm aware.

This is not an app. It is an installed application (AKA Desktop App) much like MS-Office (at least if you're on 2016 or earlier), Thunderbird, etc.

I just triggered the installer on this machine, which does not have any of the Windows Essentials 2012 (which is what it is, not Microsoft Essentials 2012) and it is running normally, giving me the UAC warning then, after I allow it to continue, goes straight to the What do you want to install? dialog, where I selected, Choose the programs you want to install.

Then the Select programs to install dialog comes up and I unchecked everything but Windows Live Mail (which is listed simply as Mail), hit the Install button, and away it went. It finishes installing and you get a "Close" button.

I searched for Windows Live Mail and it showed up as the first search result then I opened its folder and sent a short cut to the desktop. When I fire that up I'm getting the initial licensing agreement, at which point I stopped because I don't feel like setting up an account in WLM 2012 on this machine just yet.

michaeel's mail

I have tried a few times to insall WLm i think cos microsoft do not support it anymore thats why you cannot.
Microsoft has removed WLm from their downloads.
Cheers Michael.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 10:47 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] wlm 2012

Preparing to install...

Then this:
Windows Essentials 2012
Get help
Show details Close

Not of which I'm aware.

This is not an app. It is an installed application (AKA Desktop App) much like MS-Office (at least if you're on 2016 or earlier), Thunderbird, etc.

I just triggered the installer on this machine, which does not have any of the Windows Essentials 2012 (which is what it is, not Microsoft Essentials 2012) and it is running normally, giving me the UAC warning then, after I allow it to continue, goes straight to the What do you want to install? dialog, where I selected, Choose the programs you want to install.

Then the Select programs to install dialog comes up and I unchecked everything but Windows Live Mail (which is listed simply as Mail), hit the Install button, and away it went. It finishes installing and you get a "Close" button.

I searched for Windows Live Mail and it showed up as the first search result then I opened its folder and sent a short cut to the desktop. When I fire that up I'm getting the initial licensing agreement, at which point I stopped because I don't feel like setting up an account in WLM 2012 on this machine just yet.

Marie <scribbles5@...>

I also have installed WLM on several Win 10 systems. I had a problem once with a laptop. I powered the laptop down and back on and the programs installed fine.
Marie

Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2018 5:47 PM

Preparing to install...

Then this:
Windows Essentials 2012
Get help
Show details Close

Not of which I'm aware.

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 09:35 PM, michaeel's mail wrote:
i think cos microsoft do not support it anymore thats why you cannot.
If that were the case probably a good chunk of old software that's still in use would not install or work.

WLM 2012 still installs successfully on Windows 10 systems that have not been altered in some way to forbid it.

David Ferrin

Remember to top post your messages in the future.

Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2018 10:01 PM

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 09:35 PM, michaeel's mail wrote:
i think cos microsoft do not support it anymore thats why you cannot.
If that were the case probably a good chunk of old software that's still in use would not install or work.

WLM 2012 still installs successfully on Windows 10 systems that have not been altered in some way to forbid it.

David Ferrin
A clear conscience is normally the result of a failing memory.

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 06:13 AM, David Ferrin wrote:
David, I have a posting style where I maintain a line or two to establish context.  I have no intention of changing it.  If this is completely unacceptable then I will be happy to withdraw.

Russ

You need the wlm stand a lone installer. That is what I used.

Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:02 PM

I have tried a few times to insall WLm i think cos microsoft do not support
it anymore thats why you cannot.
Cheers Michael.

Preparing to install...

Then this:
Windows Essentials 2012
Get help
Show details Close

Not of which I'm aware.

David Ferrin

At your convenience.

Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 8:52 AM

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 06:13 AM, David Ferrin wrote:
David, I have a posting style where I maintain a line or two to establish context.  I have no intention of changing it.  If this is completely unacceptable then I will be happy to withdraw.

David Ferrin
A clear conscience is normally the result of a failing memory.

Casey

Hi is thee A way you can provide the stand alone installer for those of us that could use it?

Thank you and have A nice day.

On 7/23/2018 8:03 AM, Russ wrote:
You need the wlm stand a lone installer.  That is what I used.

-----Original Message----- From: michaeel's mail

it anymore thats why   you cannot.
Cheers Michael.

-----Original Message----- From: Ann Byrne

Preparing to install...

Then this:
Windows Essentials 2012
Get help
Show details Close

Not of which I'm aware.

This is not an app.  It is an installed application (AKA Desktop App) much like MS-Office (at least if you're on 2016 or earlier), Thunderbird, etc.

Then the Select programs to install dialog comes up and I unchecked everything but Windows Live Mail (which is listed simply as Mail), hit the Install button, and away it went.  It finishes installing and you get a "Close" button.

I searched for Windows Live Mail and it showed up as the first search result then I opened its folder and sent a short cut to the desktop.  When I fire that up I'm getting the initial licensing agreement, at which point I stopped because I don't feel like setting up an account in WLM 2012 on this machine just yet.

--

Casey

David Ferrin

It has been residing on the server for a long time on the programs page.

Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 11:09 AM

Hi is thee A way you can provide the stand alone installer for those of
us that could use it?

You need the wlm stand a lone installer. That is what I used.

-----Original Message----- From: michaeel's mail

it anymore thats why you cannot.
Cheers Michael.

-----Original Message----- From: Ann Byrne

Preparing to install...

Then this:
Windows Essentials 2012
Get help
Show details Close

Not of which I'm aware.

--

Casey

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Casey,

Here is the download link:

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 8:09 AM

Hi is thee A way you can provide the stand alone installer for those of
us that could use it?

> You need the wlm stand a lone installer. That is what I used.
>
> -----Original Message----- From: michaeel's mail
> Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:02 PM
> To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
> Subject: Re: [jaws-users] wlm 2012
>
> I have tried a few times to insall WLm i think cos microsoft do not
> support
> it anymore thats why you cannot.
> Microsoft has removed WLm from their downloads.
> Cheers Michael.
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Ann Byrne
> Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 10:47 AM
> To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
> Subject: Re: [jaws-users] wlm 2012
>
> So the first screen, windows essentials 2012, after UAC:
> Preparing to install...
>
> Then this:
> Windows Essentials 2012
> Couldn't install programs
> Please try installing Windows Essentials programs again.
> Get help
> Show details Close
> "Show details" closes the screen.
>
>
>
>
> At 05:52 PM 7/22/2018, you wrote:
>> Not of which I'm aware.
>>
>> This is not an app. It is an installed application (AKA Desktop App)
>> much like MS-Office (at least if you're on 2016 or earlier),
>> Thunderbird, etc.
>>
>> I just triggered the installer on this machine, which does not have
>> any of the Windows Essentials 2012 (which is what it is, not
>> Microsoft Essentials 2012) and it is running normally, giving me the
>> UAC warning then, after I allow it to continue, goes straight to the
>> What do you want to install? dialog, where I selected, Choose the
>> programs you want to install.
>>
>> Then the Select programs to install dialog comes up and I unchecked
>> everything but Windows Live Mail (which is listed simply as Mail),
>> hit the Install button, and away it went. It finishes installing and
>> you get a "Close" button.
>>
>> I searched for Windows Live Mail and it showed up as the first search
>> result then I opened its folder and sent a short cut to the desktop.
>> When I fire that up I'm getting the initial licensing agreement, at
>> which point I stopped because I don't feel like setting up an account
>> in WLM 2012 on this machine just yet.
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

--

Casey

Ann Byrne

Thanks for this address. When I tried to download the file using i.e. 11, i.e. smart filtering blocked it. I used Google Chrome without a problem. However. I get the same message when trying to install it.

Windows essentials 2012, preparing to install

windows essentials ... couldn't install

Steve

Ok, there are some questions I have.

It doesn't give you any specific error code?

Second, do you use a third-party firewall? If so, turn it off before attempting to re-install.

If that doesn't work, then:

Try uninstalling Windows Live Essentials (you may have parts of your failed installation on the system):
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essentials-uninstall-ui

Next, see if these remnants still exist, and remove them:
for 32 bit

C:\Program Files\Windows Live

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live

for 64 bit

C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows Live

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Windows Live

Now, try downloading Window Essentials 2012 from:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essentials-home

Remember, when you are going to install it, you can uncheck the different associated boxes for the programs you do not want to install.

Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

Steve
Lansing, MI

To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 8:42 PM

Thanks for this address. When I tried to download the file using i.e. 11, i.e. smart filtering blocked it. I used Google Chrome without a problem. However. I get the same message when trying to install it.

At 12:22 PM 7/23/2018, you wrote:
<http://www.jaws-users.com/programs/Windows/wlsetup-web.exe>http://www.jaws-users.com/programs/Windows/wlsetup-web.exe

T. Civitello <tcivi31@...>

I have installed WLM 12 on 3 different computers in recent months. A new Win 10 PC no problem. A Win 7 PC that had the Hard disk reformatted and Wiin 7 reinstalled, no problem. A Win 7 PC the history of which I am unsure, it would not install. Sometimes it would get to 95 percent and stop. It did give an error number that I searched for on Google. It seems as though there were prior installations of WLM and they were blocking the installation. The only references to WLM I could find were in the program menu on the hard drive but deleting these had no effect. I finally down loaded a program: "Registry First Aid", Couldn't get much out of the free version so I purchased it. Ran it and it came up with over 300 errors. I told the program to clean them out. WLM installed without a hitch. Tom

Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 6:39 PM

Second, do you use a third-party firewall? If so, turn it off before
attempting to re-install.

Try uninstalling Windows Live Essentials (you may have parts of your failed
installation on the system):

for 32 bit

for 64 bit

Remember, when you are going to install it, you can uncheck the different
associated boxes for the programs you do not want to install.

Steve
Lansing, MI

<http://www.jaws-users.com/programs/Windows/wlsetup-web.exe>http://www.jaws-users.com/programs/Windows/wlsetup-web.exe

Casey

hi okay when you purchased this program?

How then did you tell it to look for anything that involved windows live mail?

So that you could be sure that it only deleted that stuff and not anything else?

Also where can you purchase this Registry
First Aid from about to you have to renew it or is it A one time payment for this program?

Also how well does it work with Jaws and windows seven?

And one last thing is once you get the program and purchase it what is the best way to install it and get rid of the things you don't want?

Also does it back up your registry so that if you use this program to remove something that you didn't want to remove you can go back and fix it?

On 7/23/2018 9:33 PM, T. Civitello wrote:
I have installed WLM 12 on 3 different computers in recent months. A new Win 10 PC no problem. A Win 7 PC that had the Hard disk reformatted and Wiin 7 reinstalled, no problem. A Win 7 PC the history of which I am unsure, it would not install. Sometimes it would get to 95 percent and stop. It did give an error number that I searched for on Google. It seems as though there were prior installations of WLM and they were blocking the installation. The only references to WLM I could find were in the program menu on the hard drive but deleting these had no effect. I finally down loaded a program: "Registry First Aid", Couldn't get much out of the free version so I purchased it. Ran it and it came up with over 300 errors. I told the program to clean them out. WLM installed without a hitch.  Tom

-----Original Message----- From: Steve

Second, do you use a third-party firewall?  If so, turn it off before

for 32 bit

for 64 bit

Steve
Lansing, MI
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Byrne" <annakb@sbcglobal.net>

Thanks for this address.  When I tried to download the file using i.e. 11, i.e. smart filtering blocked it.  I used Google Chrome without a problem. However.  I get the same message when trying to install it.

--

Casey

T. Civitello <tcivi31@...>

you pay for the license once a year.
Works OK with Jaws and Win 7.
Just down load it and install it.
It will ask you if you want to scan, follow the prompts... It will give you a list of the errors it found. If you have the patience and can figure out what the things it found are you can chose to get rid of them or not. The first time I ran it I told it to get rid of all the errors it found. I run it once a week and yesterday it found 32 errors and I told the program to delete them. One of the options is to create a registry back up, make sure you do. Google Registrey First Aid to get the program Web site Tom

Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 8:57 PM

How then did you tell it to look for anything that involved windows live
mail?

So that you could be sure that it only deleted that stuff and not
anything else?

First Aid from about to you have to renew it or is it A one time payment
for this program?

And one last thing is once you get the program and purchase it what is
the best way to install it and get rid of the things you don't want?

Also does it back up your registry so that if you use this program to
remove something that you didn't want to remove you can go back and fix it?

I have installed WLM 12 on 3 different computers in recent months. A new Win 10 PC no problem. A Win 7 PC that had the Hard disk reformatted and Wiin 7 reinstalled, no problem. A Win 7 PC the history of which I am unsure, it would not install. Sometimes it would get to 95 percent and stop. It did give an error number that I searched for on Google. It seems as though there were prior installations of WLM and they were blocking the installation. The only references to WLM I could find were in the program menu on the hard drive but deleting these had no effect. I finally down loaded a program: "Registry First Aid", Couldn't get much out of the free version so I purchased it. Ran it and it came up with over 300 errors. I told the program to clean them out. WLM installed without a hitch. Tom

for 32 bit

for 64 bit

Steve
Lansing, MI

--

Casey

Casey

hi okay who makes this program?

I did google for it got A few results so what would be the correct web site for me to select when getting this program?

On 7/23/2018 11:24 PM, T. Civitello wrote:
you pay for the license once a year.
Works OK with Jaws and Win 7.
Just down load it and install it.
It will ask you if you want to scan, follow the prompts... It will give you a list of the errors it found. If you have the patience and can figure out what the things it found are you can chose to get rid of them or not. The first time I ran it I told it to get rid of all the errors it found. I run it once a week and yesterday it found 32 errors and I told the program to delete them. One of the options is to create a registry back up, make sure you do. Google Registrey First Aid to get the program Web site Tom

-----Original Message----- From: Casey
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 8:57 PM

How then did you tell it to look for anything that involved windows live
mail?

So that you could be sure that it only deleted that stuff and not
anything else?

First Aid from about to you have to renew it or is it A one time payment
for this program?

And one last thing is once you get the program and purchase it what is
the best way to install it and get rid of the things you don't want?

Also does it back up your registry so that if you use this program to
remove something that you didn't want to remove you can go back and fix it?

Second, do you use a third-party firewall?  If so, turn it off before

for 32 bit

for 64 bit

Steve
Lansing, MI

Thanks for this address.  When I tried to download the file using i.e. 11, i.e. smart filtering blocked it.  I used Google Chrome without a problem. However. I get the same message when trying to install it.

--

Casey

james f hooper <james_hooper@...>

So how easy was it to use this software pretty accessible?

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of T.
Civitello
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 8:34 PM

I have installed WLM 12 on 3 different computers in recent months. A new Win
10 PC no problem. A Win 7 PC that had the Hard disk reformatted and Wiin 7
reinstalled, no problem. A Win 7 PC the history of which I am unsure, it
would not install. Sometimes it would get to 95 percent and stop. It did
give an error number that I searched for on Google. It seems as though there
were prior installations of WLM and they were blocking the installation. The
only references to WLM I could find were in the program menu on the hard
drive but deleting these had no effect. I finally down loaded a program:
"Registry First Aid", Couldn't get much out of the free version so I
purchased it. Ran it and it came up with over 300 errors. I told the program
to clean them out. WLM installed without a hitch. Tom

for 32 bit

for 64 bit

Steve
Lansing, MI

Thanks for this address. When I tried to download the file using i.e. 11,
i.e. smart filtering blocked it. I used Google Chrome without a problem.
However. I get the same message when trying to install it.

<http://www.jaws-users.com/programs/Windows/wlsetup-web.exe>http://www.jaw
s-users.com/programs/Windows/wlsetup-web.exe