wlm 2012

Ann Byrne

I downloaded and tried to install it, and got the message that it couldn't be installed. I have windows 10 set to install all apps, not just those from the store. Is there something else hiding in settings?

WLM 2012 was the final version of Windows Live Mail as part of the Microsoft Essentials Suite.

It installs and works perfectly well on Windows 10 machines and I've installed it multiple times for individuals using POP or IMAP e-mail access that wanted an accessible email client. It's running at this very moment on this machine.

I downloaded the very last full standalone installer about 4 days before it was pulled from the Microsoft site and placed it on my Google Drive. If anyone wants a copy to install any of the programs that were part of essentials, here's the installer in ZIP file format: <https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B98uELZbPFnOSF8xTzhfYnh4WUU>Microsoft Essentials 2012 Installer.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Not of which I'm aware.

This is not an app.  It is an installed application (AKA Desktop App) much like MS-Office (at least if you're on 2016 or earlier), Thunderbird, etc.

I just triggered the installer on this machine, which does not have any of the Windows Essentials 2012 (which is what it is, not Microsoft Essentials 2012) and it is running normally, giving me the UAC warning then, after I allow it to continue, goes straight to the What do you want to install? dialog, where I selected, Choose the programs you want to install.

Then the Select programs to install dialog comes up and I unchecked everything but Windows Live Mail (which is listed simply as Mail), hit the Install button, and away it went.  It finishes installing and you get a "Close" button.

I searched for Windows Live Mail and it showed up as the first search result then I opened its folder and sent a short cut to the desktop.  When I fire that up I'm getting the initial licensing agreement, at which point I stopped because I don't feel like setting up an account in WLM 2012 on this machine just yet.

Ann Byrne

So the first screen, windows essentials 2012, after UAC:
Preparing to install...

Then this:
Windows Essentials 2012
Couldn't install programs
Please try installing Windows Essentials programs again.
Get help
Show details Close
"Show details" closes the screen.

At 05:52 PM 7/22/2018, you wrote:
[...]

michaeel's mail

I have tried a few times to insall WLm i think cos microsoft do not support it anymore thats why you cannot.
Microsoft has removed WLm from their downloads.
Cheers Michael.

At 05:52 PM 7/22/2018, you wrote:
[...]

Marie <scribbles5@...>

I also have installed WLM on several Win 10 systems. I had a problem once with a laptop. I powered the laptop down and back on and the programs installed fine.
Marie

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 09:35 PM, michaeel's mail wrote:
i think cos microsoft do not support it anymore thats why you cannot.
If that were the case probably a good chunk of old software that's still in use would not install or work.

WLM 2012 still installs successfully on Windows 10 systems that have not been altered in some way to forbid it.

David Ferrin

Remember to top post your messages in the future.

On Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 09:35 PM, michaeel's mail wrote:
i think cos microsoft do not support it anymore thats why you cannot.
If that were the case probably a good chunk of old software that's still in use would not install or work.

WLM 2012 still installs successfully on Windows 10 systems that have not been altered in some way to forbid it.

David Ferrin
A clear conscience is normally the result of a failing memory.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 06:13 AM, David Ferrin wrote:
Remember to top post your messages in the future.
David, I have a posting style where I maintain a line or two to establish context.  I have no intention of changing it.  If this is completely unacceptable then I will be happy to withdraw.

Russ

You need the wlm stand a lone installer. That is what I used.

At 05:52 PM 7/22/2018, you wrote:
[...]

At your convenience.

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 06:13 AM, David Ferrin wrote:
Remember to top post your messages in the future.
David, I have a posting style where I maintain a line or two to establish context.  I have no intention of changing it.  If this is completely unacceptable then I will be happy to withdraw.

David Ferrin
A clear conscience is normally the result of a failing memory.

Casey

Hi is thee A way you can provide the stand alone installer for those of us that could use it?

Thank you and have A nice day.

-----Original Message----- From: michaeel's mail
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:02 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

-----Original Message----- From: Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 10:47 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

--

Casey

David Ferrin

It has been residing on the server for a long time on the programs page.

Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 10:47 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

At 05:52 PM 7/22/2018, you wrote:
[...]

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Casey,

Here is the download link:

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.

On 7/23/2018 8:03 AM, Russ wrote:
> You need the wlm stand a lone installer. That is what I used.
>
> -----Original Message----- From: michaeel's mail
> Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:02 PM
> To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
> Subject: Re: [jaws-users] wlm 2012
>
> I have tried a few times to insall WLm i think cos microsoft do not
> support
> it anymore thats why you cannot.
> Microsoft has removed WLm from their downloads.
> Cheers Michael.
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Ann Byrne
> Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 10:47 AM
> To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
> Subject: Re: [jaws-users] wlm 2012
>
> So the first screen, windows essentials 2012, after UAC:
> Preparing to install...
>
> Then this:
> Windows Essentials 2012
> Couldn't install programs
> Please try installing Windows Essentials programs again.
> Get help
> Show details Close
> "Show details" closes the screen.
>

> At 05:52 PM 7/22/2018, you wrote:
>> Not of which I'm aware.
>>
>> This is not an app. It is an installed application (AKA Desktop App)
>> much like MS-Office (at least if you're on 2016 or earlier),
>> Thunderbird, etc.
>>
>> I just triggered the installer on this machine, which does not have
>> any of the Windows Essentials 2012 (which is what it is, not
>> Microsoft Essentials 2012) and it is running normally, giving me the
>> UAC warning then, after I allow it to continue, goes straight to the
>> What do you want to install? dialog, where I selected, Choose the
>> programs you want to install.
>>
>> Then the Select programs to install dialog comes up and I unchecked
>> everything but Windows Live Mail (which is listed simply as Mail),
>> hit the Install button, and away it went. It finishes installing and
>> you get a "Close" button.
>>
>> I searched for Windows Live Mail and it showed up as the first search
>> result then I opened its folder and sent a short cut to the desktop.
>> When I fire that up I'm getting the initial licensing agreement, at
>> which point I stopped because I don't feel like setting up an account
>> in WLM 2012 on this machine just yet.

--

Casey

Ann Byrne

Thanks for this address. When I tried to download the file using i.e. 11, i.e. smart filtering blocked it. I used Google Chrome without a problem. However. I get the same message when trying to install it.

Windows essentials 2012, preparing to install

windows essentials ... couldn't install

Steve

Ok, there are some questions I have.

It doesn't give you any specific error code?

Second, do you use a third-party firewall? If so, turn it off before attempting to re-install.

If that doesn't work, then:

Try uninstalling Windows Live Essentials (you may have parts of your failed installation on the system):
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essentials-uninstall-ui

Next, see if these remnants still exist, and remove them:
for 32 bit

C:\Program Files\Windows Live

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live

for 64 bit

C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows Live

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Windows Live

Now, try downloading Window Essentials 2012 from:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essentials-home

Remember, when you are going to install it, you can uncheck the different associated boxes for the programs you do not want to install.

Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

Steve
Lansing, MI

Thanks for this address. When I tried to download the file using i.e. 11, i.e. smart filtering blocked it. I used Google Chrome without a problem. However. I get the same message when trying to install it.

Windows essentials 2012, preparing to install

windows essentials ... couldn't install
At 12:22 PM 7/23/2018, you wrote:
<http://www.jaws-users.com/programs/Windows/wlsetup-web.exe>http://www.jaws-users.com/programs/Windows/wlsetup-web.exe

T. Civitello <tcivi31@...>

I have installed WLM 12 on 3 different computers in recent months. A new Win 10 PC no problem. A Win 7 PC that had the Hard disk reformatted and Wiin 7 reinstalled, no problem. A Win 7 PC the history of which I am unsure, it would not install. Sometimes it would get to 95 percent and stop. It did give an error number that I searched for on Google. It seems as though there were prior installations of WLM and they were blocking the installation. The only references to WLM I could find were in the program menu on the hard drive but deleting these had no effect. I finally down loaded a program: "Registry First Aid", Couldn't get much out of the free version so I purchased it. Ran it and it came up with over 300 errors. I told the program to clean them out. WLM installed without a hitch. Tom