Date   

GOOD FREE ACCESSIBLE PC PC HEALTH SOFTWARE

Marvin Hunkin <neilmarvin@...>
 

HI, THE TOSHIBA HDD DIAGNOSIS PROGRAM, WILL NOT SWITCH TO THE SCAN TAB. AND WHERE DO I GET A MORE ACCESSIBLE PC DIAGNOSTIC SOFTWARE. WANT TO CHECK THE HEALTH OF MY HDD.

ANY IDEAS.

MARVIN.

 


Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: Good Backup Software

Marek Durila
 

Problem is,
That the backup image isn't compressed and take a lot of space of another HDD.
I am not sure if you can restore windows 7 for example if created in win 10 respective using win 10 restoring tool.
Actually you can boot by win 10 from DVD or Pendrive and you will have speak system.



Regards,

Marek Durila
Nordic Health Check - Perform Health Check Team Member
IBM Client Innovation Centre Central Europe

Phone: 420-53341-4788 | Mobile: 420-605-031-743
E-mail:
Marek_Durila@...
Technicka 21
Brno, 61600
Czech Republic


charleseblack---31.12.2018 17:52:38---Actually, windows has a good software backup package. You just need to go to the command prompt and

From: charleseblack@...
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 31.12.2018 17:52
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Good Backup Software
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io





Actually, windows has a good software backup package. You just need to go to the command prompt and type the following:

wbAdmin start backup -backupTarget:E: -include:C: -allCritical -quiet

where the backup target is the destination of where you want the backup to be and the included target is what you are backing up. You should be in an admin account for this. Thanks!

Charles E. Black, MS.
charleseblack@...


-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Matthew Chao
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 9:12 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Good Backup Software

Hi, Folks.  What's a good backup software package that works with Jaws?
Thanks in advance.--Matthew Chao













Re: what laptops to look for

netbat66
 

one thing is to make sure it has a number lock key. some laptops and desktops do not have one.
because manufactures thank it is not used any more.
so you can't turn it off to use the number pad for jaws commands.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marvin Hunkin via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 11:55 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] what laptops to look for



Hi, what laptops to look for in Australia. Are ssd’s more expensive and what’s the biggest ssd I could get and not have to blow a lot of money. Well looking probably for a Lenovo. Toshiba does not make any consumer laptops or sells them any more. Only business machines which start from about $2,200 and can go all the way up to $5,000. And my brother purchased a acer for about $2,000, he has a business and also a gamer. So would be looking for the fast chipset, best audio, screen does not matter, as totally blind, do have 8 gb, but seems to struggle, and would like 16 or 32 gb, and a 1 tb hard disk, probably cannot do that for a ssd, and maybe lookin at about $1,000 or $1200.

Marvin.


Virus-free. www.avast.com


what laptops to look for

Marvin Hunkin <neilmarvin@...>
 

Hi, what laptops to look for in Australia. Are ssd’s more expensive and what’s the biggest ssd I could get and not have to blow a lot of money. Well looking probably for a Lenovo. Toshiba does not make any consumer laptops or sells them any more. Only business machines which start from about $2,200 and can go all the way up to $5,000. And my brother purchased a acer for about $2,000, he has a business and also a gamer. So would be looking for the fast chipset, best audio, screen does not matter, as totally blind, do have 8 gb, but seems to struggle, and would like 16 or 32 gb, and a 1 tb hard disk, probably cannot do that for a ssd, and maybe lookin at about $1,000 or $1200.

Marvin.


Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: I am still confused when I hear clickable.

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>
 


i found the below on the archives of one of the Jaws groups:

You can also try to activate the “clickable” by actually “clicking” it via the JAWS Cursor:

 

1.       Press Insert+Ctrl+NumPadMinus(-) to set the JAWS Cursor to follow the PC Cursor

2.       Navigate to the “clickable” element on the page normally

3.       Press NumPad/ to perform a left-click

 

I have occasionally run into a clickable that would only respond to a mouse click via the JAWS Cursor. Hope this helps!

 


Richard

"He that cannot forgive others, breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself, for every man hath need to be forgiven."

Edward Herbert, 1st Baron Herbert of Cherbury (March 3, 1583 – August 20, 1648)



On Jan 1, 2019, at 11:13 AM, Mr. Ed <pinky14@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

When I am on a website and I am arrowing down the page and I hear Jaws say “clickable.” What does this mean? I have tried pressing enter on it but nothing happens. Can someone give me an idea on what I can do or what this means?

Mr. Ed


Re: pc utlity for a toshiba laptop

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>
 


True. But given that from off to on the desktop with Jaws 2018 talking takes less than 30 seconds, I'm OK with that.
Richard


"He that cannot forgive others, breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself, for every man hath need to be forgiven."

Edward Herbert, 1st Baron Herbert of Cherbury (March 3, 1583 – August 20, 1648)



On Jan 1, 2019, at 8:45 PM, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

The only drawback to an SSD is that you can't tell if the computer is booting or what kind of activity is happening via the sound of the HD.
Glenn
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 10:40 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] pc utlity for a toshiba laptop

I do not know about a utility, but whatever laptop you get, I can highly recommend an SSD drive. Everything is so much faster to load, boot up, all of it.
Richard


"He that cannot forgive others, breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself, for every man hath need to be forgiven."

Edward Herbert, 1st Baron Herbert of Cherbury (March 3, 1583 – August 20, 1648)



On Jan 1, 2019, at 7:14 PM, Marvin Hunkin via Groups.Io <neilmarvin@...> wrote:

Hi, was wondering, is there a utility for my Toshiba satellite pro c-50-a, which will tell me the health of my hardware on my systems.

Any ideas.

Wondering if my hard disk is starting to go. Jaws takes forever to load, after a while. So thinking about getting a Lenovo laptop.

So, any ideas.

Any sites or software you use, if any Toshiba users here.

Marvin.

Ps: did get the pc health monitor, but does not give me much info.


Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: pc utlity for a toshiba laptop

K0LNY
 


The only drawback to an SSD is that you can't tell if the computer is booting or what kind of activity is happening via the sound of the HD.
Glenn
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 10:40 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] pc utlity for a toshiba laptop

I do not know about a utility, but whatever laptop you get, I can highly recommend an SSD drive. Everything is so much faster to load, boot up, all of it.
Richard


"He that cannot forgive others, breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself, for every man hath need to be forgiven."

Edward Herbert, 1st Baron Herbert of Cherbury (March 3, 1583 – August 20, 1648)



On Jan 1, 2019, at 7:14 PM, Marvin Hunkin via Groups.Io <neilmarvin@...> wrote:

Hi, was wondering, is there a utility for my Toshiba satellite pro c-50-a, which will tell me the health of my hardware on my systems.

Any ideas.

Wondering if my hard disk is starting to go. Jaws takes forever to load, after a while. So thinking about getting a Lenovo laptop.

So, any ideas.

Any sites or software you use, if any Toshiba users here.

Marvin.

Ps: did get the pc health monitor, but does not give me much info.


Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: pc utlity for a toshiba laptop

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>
 

I do not know about a utility, but whatever laptop you get, I can highly recommend an SSD drive. Everything is so much faster to load, boot up, all of it.
Richard


"He that cannot forgive others, breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself, for every man hath need to be forgiven."

Edward Herbert, 1st Baron Herbert of Cherbury (March 3, 1583 – August 20, 1648)



On Jan 1, 2019, at 7:14 PM, Marvin Hunkin via Groups.Io <neilmarvin@...> wrote:

Hi, was wondering, is there a utility for my Toshiba satellite pro c-50-a, which will tell me the health of my hardware on my systems.

Any ideas.

Wondering if my hard disk is starting to go. Jaws takes forever to load, after a while. So thinking about getting a Lenovo laptop.

So, any ideas.

Any sites or software you use, if any Toshiba users here.

Marvin.

Ps: did get the pc health monitor, but does not give me much info.

 


Virus-free. www.avast.com


pc utlity for a toshiba laptop

Marvin Hunkin <neilmarvin@...>
 

Hi, was wondering, is there a utility for my Toshiba satellite pro c-50-a, which will tell me the health of my hardware on my systems.

Any ideas.

Wondering if my hard disk is starting to go. Jaws takes forever to load, after a while. So thinking about getting a Lenovo laptop.

So, any ideas.

Any sites or software you use, if any Toshiba users here.

Marvin.

Ps: did get the pc health monitor, but does not give me much info.

 


Virus-free. www.avast.com


Re: Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

Ali Benmerzouga
 

Thanks much Ann and take care.
Ali.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann
Byrne
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 8:01 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

The shortcut in Word is alt+h, then 8.
At 04:52 PM 1/1/2019, you wrote:
I don't see anything that says spacemarker, but I do see spaces on the
display in options.
Make sure the paragraph markers are also unchecked.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io]
On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 1:41 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers
problem

No longer, not since at least Word 2010.

From: <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io
<<mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf
Of Rose
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 11:35 AM
To: <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers
problem

I think shift F8 will turn that off, or it did in earlier versions of
Word before the ribbons and I think after that also, have no clue what
to look for on the ribbons, as I used to know so many keystrokes that
accomplished the same things without looking at ribbons. Today, well
nearly four years away from using Word daily, I need those ribbons.


From: <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io
<<mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io> On
Behalf Of Ali Benmerzouga
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 11:16 AM
To: <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

Hello JAWS Experts,

I am facing this problem with my word 2016 documents yesterday and
today. I do not know what I have hit and all of the sudden I have
JAWS 2018 reading the word "Space Marker" whenever there is a blank
space. I used to solve this problem when using JAWS 2017 by going to
the ribbon and turn off something. This time I could not remember it
and/or find/bump into it.

I am using JAWS 2018, WINDOWS 10 AND MICROSOFT Word 2016.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ali




Re: may need a new computer - a few questions

K0LNY
 

Steve,
I really don't know.
However, I will buy Windows 8 before going to 10, and I may switch to Linux
or Apple rather than going with 10.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve" <hamsteve64@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 7:34 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] may need a new computer - a few questions


Lenny and Group,

Firstly, Lenny, are you certain about your ability to purchase Windows
7 Extended Support? From what I saw in their press release, it is
only available to those who have volume licenses for Windows 7
Professional or Enterprise. Note, not only do you need Windows 7 Pro
but a volume license. And, then, you purchase the extended support on
a yearly basis, and the price goes up each year until it expires in
2023. As of now, unless you qualify for this ESWR, support for
Windows 7 ends on January 14 of 2020, just over a year away.

For the person who asked, PcMover is made by Laplink Software. You
have to purchase it to get a download. You can do that through their
website or other computer software purveyors like Newegg, Amazon, etc.
It has a single-use licensing code so it can't be shared.

Steve
Lansing, MI

On 1/1/19, Casey <cwollner@...> wrote:
Hi where can you get the PC mover program that you talked about hear on
the
list?
Or can you provide A down load for it.




-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of
Steve
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 10:35 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] may need a new computer - a few questions

Lenny,
First, I don't know whether that is indicative of a motherboard
failure, but in any event, with support for Windows 7 ending in a year
and a half, going to Windows 10 is inevitable.

There are people who use Windows Live Mail on Windows 10, so you can
hopefully install a copy if you have one; some of the sites that have
old programs archived that you can download might help.

I use LapLink PCMover to move most of my programs and data from an
older computer to a newer one. It will migrate almost anything,
including your emails, address book, a lot of other programs as well
as your settings and favorites. It is marginally accessible, it can
be done (or at least it could with the version I had) with Jaws, but
you need to be a pretty advanced user because sometimes you have to
use the OCR feature to make your choices.
The program costs about $40, but it beats the hell out of spending
several days trying to move all the data and installing all the
programs on a new PC.

Steve
Lansing, MI


On 12/31/18, Lenny McHugh <LennyMcHugh@...> wrote:
I think that my mb is going. When I power down I get a very loud static
like

sound in my speakers. This set is plugged into the mb. The other internal
sound card died about 2 years ago. This is a win 7 32 bit computer.
What do you mostly use for email on a win 10 machine?
I am still using windows live mail and really do like it.
If I can not install windows live mail on a new machine how do I move all
of

my saved emails to the new client?
I probably will also have a 2nd hard drive installed. I have always used
home or custome made machines. Not sure route I will take this time. If a
name brand I wonder if I would run system restore to get rid of all the
junk

that they install?
thanks for any thoughts and Happy 2019 to all!


---

Please visit my web page

It’s motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor

There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind

http://www.LennyMcHugh.com

International Brotherhood of Magicians member #43990









Re: may need a new computer - a few questions

Steve
 

Lenny and Group,

Firstly, Lenny, are you certain about your ability to purchase Windows
7 Extended Support? From what I saw in their press release, it is
only available to those who have volume licenses for Windows 7
Professional or Enterprise. Note, not only do you need Windows 7 Pro
but a volume license. And, then, you purchase the extended support on
a yearly basis, and the price goes up each year until it expires in
2023. As of now, unless you qualify for this ESWR, support for
Windows 7 ends on January 14 of 2020, just over a year away.

For the person who asked, PcMover is made by Laplink Software. You
have to purchase it to get a download. You can do that through their
website or other computer software purveyors like Newegg, Amazon, etc.
It has a single-use licensing code so it can't be shared.

Steve
Lansing, MI

On 1/1/19, Casey <cwollner@...> wrote:
Hi where can you get the PC mover program that you talked about hear on the
list?
Or can you provide A down load for it.




-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of
Steve
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 10:35 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] may need a new computer - a few questions

Lenny,
First, I don't know whether that is indicative of a motherboard
failure, but in any event, with support for Windows 7 ending in a year
and a half, going to Windows 10 is inevitable.

There are people who use Windows Live Mail on Windows 10, so you can
hopefully install a copy if you have one; some of the sites that have
old programs archived that you can download might help.

I use LapLink PCMover to move most of my programs and data from an
older computer to a newer one. It will migrate almost anything,
including your emails, address book, a lot of other programs as well
as your settings and favorites. It is marginally accessible, it can
be done (or at least it could with the version I had) with Jaws, but
you need to be a pretty advanced user because sometimes you have to
use the OCR feature to make your choices.
The program costs about $40, but it beats the hell out of spending
several days trying to move all the data and installing all the
programs on a new PC.

Steve
Lansing, MI


On 12/31/18, Lenny McHugh <LennyMcHugh@...> wrote:
I think that my mb is going. When I power down I get a very loud static
like

sound in my speakers. This set is plugged into the mb. The other internal
sound card died about 2 years ago. This is a win 7 32 bit computer.
What do you mostly use for email on a win 10 machine?
I am still using windows live mail and really do like it.
If I can not install windows live mail on a new machine how do I move all
of

my saved emails to the new client?
I probably will also have a 2nd hard drive installed. I have always used
home or custome made machines. Not sure route I will take this time. If a
name brand I wonder if I would run system restore to get rid of all the
junk

that they install?
thanks for any thoughts and Happy 2019 to all!


---

Please visit my web page

It’s motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor

There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind

http://www.LennyMcHugh.com

International Brotherhood of Magicians member #43990









Re: Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

Ann Byrne
 

The shortcut in Word is alt+h, then 8.

At 04:52 PM 1/1/2019, you wrote:
I don't see anything that says spacemarker, but I do see spaces on the display in options.
Make sure the paragraph markers are also unchecked.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 1:41 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

No longer, not since at least Word 2010.

From: <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io <<mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rose
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 11:35 AM
To: <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

I think shift F8 will turn that off, or it did in earlier versions of Word before the ribbons and I think after that also, have no clue what to look for on the ribbons, as I used to know so many keystrokes that accomplished the same things without looking at ribbons. Today, well nearly four years away from using Word daily, I need those ribbons.


From: <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io <<mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ali Benmerzouga
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 11:16 AM
To: <mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

Hello JAWS Experts,

I am facing this problem with my word 2016 documents yesterday and today. I do not know what I have hit and all of the sudden I have JAWS 2018 reading the word "Space Marker" whenever there is a blank space. I used to solve this problem when using JAWS 2017 by going to the ribbon and turn off something. This time I could not remember it and/or find/bump into it.

I am using JAWS 2018, WINDOWS 10 AND MICROSOFT Word 2016.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ali




ADMIN: Re: [jaws-users] Verbosity Control

Rick Justice <ricjustice@...>
 

Asking for NVDA info under the guise of a Jaws question is not how we
operate here,
NVDA is off-topic for this list.

Richard Q. Justice-list moderator
jaws-users-list@groups.io

----- Original Message -----
From: "cheez" <cheez@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 6:20 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Verbosity Control


I know some of you listers use NVDA. Where does one change the verbosity
level?
NVDA is on the computer at my job and it chatters too much. So I figure I
should be able to change the level to Advanced. I thought maybe it was
where JAWS is located.
TIA

Vince


Re: Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

Ali Benmerzouga
 

Thanks Justin.

Take care.

Ali

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Williams
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 5:53 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

 

Alt f, then  t for options.

Then arrow down to display.  Tab through and turn it off.

Justin

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 1:41 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

 

No longer, not since at least Word 2010.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rose
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 11:35 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

 

I think shift F8 will turn that off, or it did in earlier versions of Word before the ribbons and I think after that also, have no clue what to look for on the ribbons, as I used to know so many keystrokes that accomplished the same things without looking at ribbons.  Today, well nearly four years away from using Word daily, I need those ribbons. 

 

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ali Benmerzouga
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 11:16 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

 

Hello JAWS Experts,

 

I am facing this problem with my word 2016 documents yesterday and today. I do not know what I have hit and all of the sudden I have JAWS 2018 reading the word “Space Marker” whenever there is a blank space. I used to solve this problem when using JAWS 2017 by going to the ribbon and turn off something. This time I could not remember it and/or find/bump into  it.

 

I am using JAWS 2018, WINDOWS 10 AND MICROSOFT Word 2016.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Ali

 

 

 


Verbosity Control

cheez
 

I know some of you listers use NVDA.  Where does one change the verbosity level?
NVDA is on the computer at my job and it chatters too much.  So I figure I should be able to change the level to Advanced.  I thought maybe it was where JAWS is located.
TIA
 
Vince


Re: best browser for jaws 17

sandy
 

I'll have to look in to this, thank you

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis L
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 4:37 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] best browser for jaws 17

I agree if you can afford it I would strongly consider upgrading

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf
Of John Gassman
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 2:31 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io; jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] best browser for jaws 17

Sandy,
A good deal of the major development for Google Chrome was done beginning
with JAWS 2018.
Some Chrome works with 17 but, you'll get better results with 2018 or
2019 if you can afford the $90 per year and update to 2019 via the home
annual subscription on the FS web pagelocated in the e-store.
go to the FS page and find the shop link.

You can pay $90 and upgrade right from JAWS 17 to the current JAWS.
Johne
At 10:39 AM 12/31/2018, JM Casey wrote:
You won't be able to use Firefox anymore because of their changed
architecture that only works properly with JAWS 2018 or another
screen-reader, or Edge (assuming you have Windows 10), because there is
no Edge support in anything prior to the final build of JAWS 18.
Some people have reported success with Waterfox, which uses Firefox
legacy code. I don't know about Waterfox, myself; I don't know how well
it is really supported by its developer and I am a bit cautious about
it. I'm also not sure how much success you'll have with Chrome, but I
believe . updated Chrome still works fine with JAWS 18, so your best
bet might be to try it.
Otherwise, you might have to run IE if you're determined to keep using
that JAWS version.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf
Of sandy
Sent: December 31, 2018 6:34 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] best browser for jaws 17

I have jaws 17 on 3 computers, and have found that different browsers
work differently from each other, and would like to know what is the
best browser to use with jaws 17

JAWS Certified, 2014.
http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification


Re: Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

Justin Williams
 

Alt f, then  t for options.

Then arrow down to display.  Tab through and turn it off.

Justin

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 1:41 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

 

No longer, not since at least Word 2010.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rose
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 11:35 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

 

I think shift F8 will turn that off, or it did in earlier versions of Word before the ribbons and I think after that also, have no clue what to look for on the ribbons, as I used to know so many keystrokes that accomplished the same things without looking at ribbons.  Today, well nearly four years away from using Word daily, I need those ribbons. 

 

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ali Benmerzouga
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 11:16 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

 

Hello JAWS Experts,

 

I am facing this problem with my word 2016 documents yesterday and today. I do not know what I have hit and all of the sudden I have JAWS 2018 reading the word “Space Marker” whenever there is a blank space. I used to solve this problem when using JAWS 2017 by going to the ribbon and turn off something. This time I could not remember it and/or find/bump into  it.

 

I am using JAWS 2018, WINDOWS 10 AND MICROSOFT Word 2016.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Ali

 

 

 


Re: Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

Justin Williams
 

I don’t see anything that says spacemarker, but I do see spaces on the display in options. 

Make sure the paragraph markers are also unchecked.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 1:41 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

 

No longer, not since at least Word 2010.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rose
Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2019 11:35 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

 

I think shift F8 will turn that off, or it did in earlier versions of Word before the ribbons and I think after that also, have no clue what to look for on the ribbons, as I used to know so many keystrokes that accomplished the same things without looking at ribbons.  Today, well nearly four years away from using Word daily, I need those ribbons. 

 

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Ali Benmerzouga
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 11:16 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Word Document 2016 and the space markers problem

 

Hello JAWS Experts,

 

I am facing this problem with my word 2016 documents yesterday and today. I do not know what I have hit and all of the sudden I have JAWS 2018 reading the word “Space Marker” whenever there is a blank space. I used to solve this problem when using JAWS 2017 by going to the ribbon and turn off something. This time I could not remember it and/or find/bump into  it.

 

I am using JAWS 2018, WINDOWS 10 AND MICROSOFT Word 2016.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Ali

 

 

 


Re: best browser for jaws 17

Dennis L
 

I agree if you can afford it I would strongly consider upgrading

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf
Of John Gassman
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 2:31 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io; jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] best browser for jaws 17

Sandy,
A good deal of the major development for Google Chrome was done beginning
with JAWS 2018.
Some Chrome works with 17 but, you'll get better results with 2018 or
2019 if you can afford the $90 per year and update to 2019 via the home
annual subscription on the FS web pagelocated in the e-store.
go to the FS page and find the shop link.

You can pay $90 and upgrade right from JAWS 17 to the current JAWS.
Johne
At 10:39 AM 12/31/2018, JM Casey wrote:
You won't be able to use Firefox anymore because of their changed
architecture that only works properly with JAWS 2018 or another
screen-reader, or Edge (assuming you have Windows 10), because there is
no Edge support in anything prior to the final build of JAWS 18.
Some people have reported success with Waterfox, which uses Firefox
legacy code. I don't know about Waterfox, myself; I don't know how well
it is really supported by its developer and I am a bit cautious about
it. I'm also not sure how much success you'll have with Chrome, but I
believe . updated Chrome still works fine with JAWS 18, so your best
bet might be to try it.
Otherwise, you might have to run IE if you're determined to keep using
that JAWS version.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf
Of sandy
Sent: December 31, 2018 6:34 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] best browser for jaws 17

I have jaws 17 on 3 computers, and have found that different browsers
work differently from each other, and would like to know what is the
best browser to use with jaws 17

JAWS Certified, 2014.
http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification

8041 - 8060 of 13767