Re: Jaws autocomplete;

Cristóbal

The only drawback to this is that if there’s no address book entry, then you won’t find the desired email. A lot of times, you want to send a message to an address you haven’t had to or needed to saved. It’s simply stored in the list of emails you previously sent a message to that you should be able to cycle through with the arrow keys as before.

A lot of these mailing lists for example I don’t’ actually have a saved contact entry for.

If I type Jaws, well, the first entry is probably going to be this Jaws Users list, but Dear God, try that with one that starts with blind…

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2019 8:07 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws autocomplete;

While in the “To” field, type alt-k. Press the first letter of the name or email address, then arrow down through the results. This works in Outlook 2016 and earlier versions.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2019 8:10 PM

I’d like some mor eclarification on this message and the proposed fix. As I’ve reported on the list, I just bought a computer and am using Outlook-2019 with the latest version of JAWS. The autocomplete feature also does not work properly. If you open a message and type in a complete or partial name, Jaws will read what you’ve typed in but no autocompletes. If you tab once you’ll get the first name that has come up in the list or if you’vd errored cown, you’ll get whichever name you’ve arroed to.

This is clearly a JAWs problem. What is the proposed fix?

Transferring a file form my old computer doesn’tseem like the appropriate fix.

Thanks.

John

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Volk
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2019 1:06 PM

What version of outlook is he running? Also, there is a quicker way to get to enu from the jaws screen itself: jaws key+u then x (for explore my jaws settings) then arrow down to explore my settings and just copy the old files there. At least this has worked for me.

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of david
Sent: May 2, 2019 8:40 AM
Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws autocomplete;

A friend of mine just upgraded from jaws 2018 to jaws 2019, using the version which was just released.

while in outlook the autocomplete is not working.

can I move the configNames.ini from the jaws 2018 to the jaws 2019 in the

C:\Users\User Name \AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2019\Settings\enu

The impossible is the untried,  Never under estimate the power of a dream.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.