Re: Adding Icons to the System Tray

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Andrew,

First, a faster way to get to the system tray properties to show or hide icons is:
1. Press, Windows key + T, to put you on the taskbar.
2. Press, Alt + enter, to put you in taskbar properties, now tab to, Notification Area customize... and press the spacebar.  You can now tab through all the available icons to choose from these options show, hide or only show notifications.
My problem is there is not a Stascom icon in here to make the show, hide or only show notifications choice from.  This is where I want to add the Stascom icon but as David said, it runs as a service so it most likely can't be added to the system tray properties.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 10:25 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Adding Icons to the System Tray

Hi Mike,

using windows seven, I go to start menu. I start typing Remove.. Usually what is one of the choices is  is Remove Icons from Notification system tray of desk top.

Press Enter.  I shift tab back through the choices. I then go to the Icon and hide or unhide icon in system tray.

I tab to OK..

If there's a shorter way to accomplish this..

I would be interested in it..

Andrew

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 9:57 PM
To: Jaws-Users-List
Subject: [jaws-users] Adding Icons to the System Tray

Hi All,

Running Windows 7 Pro and J16 thru J2019.  I'm playing with the Stascom program but, although it starts with the computer I don't have an icon in my system tray notifications customize choices so I can tell Windows to show this program icon in the system tray.  How can I add an icon to the Taskbar properties / customize to have Stascom show in the system tray?  Doing searches gives steps that I can't translate to keystrokes.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.