JAWS and Chrome stop working together after a while

Adrian Spratt

On my new Windows 10 machine, JAWS completely stops reading anything in Chrome. Each time I reboot, they work fine together, but not for more than, say, an hour. Not only won't JAWS read content, but it also can't read menus, etc. When this happens, I select the webpage's address, and even though JAWS can't read it, I can paste the copy into IE and open the page there. Since Chrome is now my default, this is a serious limitation.

This machine is solid state. I'm confident I have enough RAM, but I haven't yet figured out where I can get system information and so can't report the exact number. Windows key+pause no longer does the trick, nor does opening properties on the C drive.

Any ideas?