From: Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:58 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Incoming Outlook Message Being Read When Message Arrives in Inbox

Hi Gary,

See if these 2 notes I got elsewhere will help.
From: Mario
In TB, do you have the message pane turned off? to check, press alt,
then v (for view) and l (for layout), and up arrow once. if it is
checked, press enter to uncheck it and return to TB.
Mario

how do I turn off email notifications in Thunderbird 45.1.1
2 years ago.
how do I turn off email notifications in Thunderbird 45.1.1? I'm referring to the popup notifications of new email messages. An old thread recommended
going to edit>preferences> to do so. This version does not have a preferences option under the edit menu or elsewhere that I can find. This is thunderbird
on windows 10. Seems an obvious problem, I'm probably missing something simple. Just trying to have a more distraction free world...

Chosen solution

1. By default, Thunderbird will notify you of new mail via a pop-up box, as shown here.

2. If you don't want to be notified in this way, click Tools > Options > General. Uncheck either or both boxes for Show an alert or Play a sound. Then
click OK.

Note: Even if you uncheck both boxes, Thunderbird will still display the small envelope icon in the lower right of your screen.

3. If you do want to show alerts, but want to limit the kind of information displayed, click Customize and check only what you want to see. Click OK, then
exit Options.

The above info

Take care.  Mike.  Sennt from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!