Re: jaws cursor

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Howdy Takis,

See if this helps:
Laptop Keystrokes for Cursors and Mouse Simulation
Description Command
PC Cursor CAPS LOCK+SEMICOLON (press twice quickly if the Touch Cursor is currently active)
JAWS Cursor CAPS LOCK+P
Invisible Cursor CAPS LOCK+P twice quickly
Touch Cursor SHIFT+CAPS LOCK+SEMICOLON
Route Touch Cursor to Focus Location CAPS LOCK+APOSTROPHE
Route PC Cursor to JAWS Cursor CAPS LOCK+APOSTROPHE
Route JAWS Cursor to PC Cursor CAPS LOCK+LEFT BRACKET
Restrict JAWS Cursor CAPS LOCK+R
Left Mouse Button CAPS LOCK+8
Right Mouse Button CAPS LOCK+9
Left Mouse Button Lock CTRL+WINDOWS Key+8
Right Mouse Button Lock CTRL+WINDOWS Key+9
Drag and Drop CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+8
Say Active Cursor ALT+DELETE
Mouse Down ALT+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW
Mouse Left ALT+SHIFT+LEFT ARROW
Mouse Right ALT+SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW
Mouse Up ALT+SHIFT+UP ARROW

Additional Notes on Laptop Keystrokes for Cursors and Mouse Simulation
Route Touch Cursor to Focus Location (CAPS LOCK+APOSTROPHE)
This command moves the Touch Cursor to the location of the object that currently has focus. It is only available if the Touch Cursor is the currently active cursor.

Route PC Cursor to JAWS Cursor (CAPS LOCK+APOSTROPHE)
This keystroke moves the PC Cursor to the location of the JAWS Cursor. This keystroke has no effect if the JAWS Cursor is in a part of the application that will not support the PC Cursor.

Route JAWS Cursor to PC Cursor (CAPS LOCK+LEFT BRACKET)
This keystroke moves the JAWS Cursor to the location of the PC Cursor. If the Invisible Cursor is active when this keystroke is used, the Invisible Cursor is moved to the location of the PC Cursor.

Left Mouse Button (CAPS LOCK+8)
This keystroke simulates a single left mouse button click. Press the keystroke twice quickly to simulate a left mouse button double click.

Right Mouse Button (CAPS LOCK+9)
This keystroke simulates a single right mouse button click. Press the keystroke twice quickly to simulate a right mouse button double click.

Left Mouse Button Lock (CTRL+8)
This keystroke simulates pressing down the left mouse button and holding it. Once pressed, the JAWS cursor can be moved with the ARROW keys. JAWS will not speak until CTRL+8 is pressed again to unlock the left mouse button. This keystroke can be used to drag items from one location and drop them in another.

Right Mouse Button Lock (CTRL+9)
This keystroke simulates pressing down the right mouse button and holding it. Once pressed, the JAWS cursor can be moved with the ARROW keys. JAWS will not speak until CTRL+9 is pressed again to unlock the right mouse button. This keystroke can be used to drag items from one location and drop them in another. When the keystroke is pressed a second time to unlock the right mouse button, a menu may appear with options such as Copy Here, Move Here, and Create Shortcut Here.

Drag and Drop (CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+8)
This keystroke is used to drag items from one location and drop them in another. Position the JAWS Cursor on the item you wish to move and press CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+8 . You can leave the JAWS Cursor active, or you can switch to the PC Cursor. JAWS keeps speaking as you navigate. Once you have positioned the JAWS or PC Cursor in the location to which you would like to move the item, press CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+8 again, and the item is moved to the position of the active cursor.

Note: The original position of what you are dragging, and the location to which you are moving it must both be visible on the screen when you press CAPS LOCK+SHIFT+8 the second time or the drag and drop will not work.

Take care.  Mike.  Sennt from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:37 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] jaws cursor

Thanks Mike, but how about when using a laptop keyboard?

                                                            Take care,

                                                            Takis