Re: serious problem with new Outlook-2019 and JAWS

Sandra Streeter

Start by doing Ctrl-y, which should land you in your list of folders, which you can arrow through. Because I use Outlook as email client for gmail, I personally have to open the gmail folder, which contains my spam folder, among other things. . I had to do a lot of research to eventually find that ctrl-y thing out—I have Windows 10 and Outlook and Jaws 2019, as well. It’s a learning curve. HTH!

Sandra

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 5:31 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] serious problem with new Outlook-2019 and JAWS

Hi. I’m using the latest JAWS on a new Windows-10 Machine and Office-2019. When I open my Outlook, I can see my inbox and all of its e-mails; unfortunately I can’t see any of my other mailboxes or accounts. My expected behavior is that when I open Outlook I am in my inbox and my most recent e-mail; then when I shift-tab I’m in the list of my mailboxes and I can arrow up or down or press the letter of a given mailbox and then press Enter to enter the mailbox. That’s how things work with my Windows-7 and Outlook-2010. None of this works with my new computer and Outlook02019. Same JAWS.

I’m assuming there’s some sort of view configuration I need to change but I don’t know what it is.

Please help!!

Thanks. John .