Re: Incoming Outlook Message Being Read When Message Arrives in Inbox

Dave...

...and that is exactly why I asked the originator whether the auto-reading was happening just inside Outlook, or elsewhere. No response to my question, so no help offered.

Dave

From: Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 12:10
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Incoming Outlook Message Being Read When Message Arrives in Inbox

Below is a note from someone with the same problem and their fix.
Hello, a month or so ago, I asked for assistance in stopping jaws from automatically reading new incoming messages in outlook.
No matter where I was in windows. whether it was ms word, the documents folder, etc,  jaws would begin reading new messages as they came in.

In case anyone has this issue, the fix is,

While in outlook, press, Alt + F, then the letter, T.

Arrow down once to the mail option.

Then tab several times to desktop alerts. Uncheck this option and then tab to ok button.

This should take care of the issue.

Take care.  Mike.  Sennt from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 8:38 AM

Someone else asked about this recently.  I gave the suggestion to be sure that Desktop Notifications are turned off in the Outlook Options under the Mail heading.  Go to Alt F, T, then arrow down to mail and Shift tab past the Cancel and OK buttons.  The list of Mail options is really long, so I think it’s faster to get to the one you need by going backward.  I’m not positive if this will solve your issue, but I think it will help.