Re: top posting

LeDon

That make since. I sometimes do quote a small bit of what I am responding to so someone doesn't have to look around to find out what the heck I am talking about. Smiles. Thanks for the information.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 10:51 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] top posting

It refers to the location of your reply ina thread, either on an e-mail list like this one, a forum or internet newsgroup. If it's at the top of the message, iE, before a possibly-long series of quoted messages going backwards, then it's top-posted.

Again, I'd like to reiterate that I always saw the whole point of doing things the other way, or so called "bottom-posting", being so you can quote and reply to individual parts of a person's message, but it seems like since the 1990s, most people stopped bothering with this. I did kind of like this and so when I reply to facebook posts I will sometimes actually copy and paste parts of a comment or post and then reply to each bit with my own poitns or rebuttals.
.