Re: top posting

LeDon

That make since. I sometimes do quote a small bit of what I am responding to so someone doesn't have to look around to find out what the heck I am talking about. Smiles. Thanks for the information.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 10:51 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] top posting

It refers to the location of your reply ina thread, either on an e-mail list like this one, a forum or internet newsgroup. If it's at the top of the message, iE, before a possibly-long series of quoted messages going backwards, then it's top-posted.

Again, I'd like to reiterate that I always saw the whole point of doing things the other way, or so called "bottom-posting", being so you can quote and reply to individual parts of a person's message, but it seems like since the 1990s, most people stopped bothering with this. I did kind of like this and so when I reply to facebook posts I will sometimes actually copy and paste parts of a comment or post and then reply to each bit with my own poitns or rebuttals.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of LeDon
Sent: April 24, 2019 11:36 AM

So, I have heard that there is no dumb question. Therefore , here goes, what is top posting?

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Sherry Wells
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 7:54 PM

I agree with Alan. My sighted work colleagues preferred top posting too. In fact, there were many complaints whenever anyone did a bottom post. Sighted people too like the ease of just finding what they need at the top of the email.

Sherry Wells

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 5:56 PM

Glenn,

I beg to differ with your statement that many if not most sighted folks prefer bottom posting. Back in my sighted work days, I certainly preferred top posting as did the majority of my co-workers. I'm sort of scratching my head wondering where you drew that conclusion since most want to get to a response as quickly as possible whether sighted or not and top posting yields the quickest response.

Alan Lemly

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 12:11 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] top posting

Hi,
Many, if not most sighted folk prefer bottom posting.
To them, it makes sense.
Sighted folk can simply look past all the past info and glance down to the new information.
I think some Blind folk like to do this because they may feel that it normalizes them to some degree because most sighted users do this.
I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a screenreader user who prefers bottom-posting, because we are forced to reread the non-relevant information at the top.
Usually when we read a message of a particular thread, we have been following the thread and we just want to read the next reply and that is why I call that non-relevant.
And if we come into a thread late, it is no big deal to arrow down to discover what the above message was referring to.
I'm bringing this topic up because I have read some bottom-posted messages on this list in the past and the moderators prefer that we top-post.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 6:28 AM
Subject: Re: ADMIN: Re: [jaws-users] activating jaws

That may be so, but I am not in the habit of searching for a reply which should be at the top of the message, and nor should anyone else!
Refer to the list guidelines for proper posting practices.

Richard Q. Justice-list moderator
jaws-users-list@groups.io

Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 6:05 AM
Subject: Re: ADMIN: Re: [jaws-users] activating jaws

Hi, there was a message however it was right near the bottom.

Larry was commenting on the cost for his jaws compared to the price quoted for the other person.

Larry, the $90 offer is only available in US at the moment but they are hoping to at some stage open it up to all countries.

Hope this helps.
From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Justice
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 11:24 AM
Subject: ADMIN: Re: [jaws-users] activating jaws

If you have something constructive to say, then say it, do not re-post what has already been said.

Richard Q. Justice-list moderator
jaws-users-list@groups.io

Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2019 2:03 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] activating jaws

On 4/21/19, John Gassman <johngassman@...> wrote:
If she lives in the United States, she can move from JAWS 14 to 2019
for just $90.00.
She'll be able to authorize it legally.
If she doesn't live here, she'll have to wait until the home annual
license is released world wide.
I hope that will be in the near future but so far no date has been
released.

John
At 07:37 AM 4/21/2019, you wrote:
I do not believe this is a question to be discussed on here as it goes
to copyright violation.

Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2019 10:10 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] activating jaws

I have a friend who is running windows 7 with jaws 14 installed.
Currently jaws 14 is set to startup when the computer does.
I gave her my old cd of jaws 17 with a valid authorization.
She has got jaws 17 installed but not
authorized so she is still using 14 and 17 is sitting on her computer.
My question is how can she authorize 17. She gets like oh no I have
no speech what do I do!
Basically because she doesn’

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

David Ferrin
Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife
would have preferred.

JAWS Certified, 2014.
http://www.FreedomScientific.com/Certification

Wow! Here in Canada it cost me more than $600.00 to go from JAWS 14 to 2019.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.