Re: ripping an audio cd

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Hey Sandy.

Ok, I don’t know how your computer is set up or what oS you are using, but it should work something like this.

Put CD in drive.

There are a few ways to navigate to the drive using file explorer, but in my view the quickest and best is to type windows key + r, to open the run box, and type in your CD drive letter followed by a : (colon) character. So for example, mine is F:, so I would type

Windows + r.

Then “f:” without the quotes.

A window should open showing you the files and folders on that cd. Find the one(s) you want, using arrow keys, search box, or whatever. With your cursor on the file, type ctrl-c.

It doesn’t really matter when you do this particualr step, but you’ll need to also have a window open with the folder you want to place/copy the files into. So open your documents, or wherever you want the file to go. You can use that run command to do that too, if you want.

Now, after you pressed ctrl-c, alt-tab over to that window that is the destination you want the files to be placed in.

Hit ctrl-v. This pastes whatever you copied from the other window, into the current one.

Note that you can select multiple files at a time using shift + arrow keys as well.

Hope this helps a little bit.