Re: Jaws and Stascom
Mike B <mb69mach1@...>
Different people will get various uses from this program. Below is a list of its features. So far I like the, Reminders, feature but, I'm sure the more I use it there will be more that I'll like.
What to know before installing the program
Please refer to the user guide, see the link further down, for installation instructions. It is recommended that users of older versions of the program
familiarise themselves with the changes implemented in 2017.1.7.
SUMMARY OF PROGRAM FEATURES
Automation for the following tasks, all features customisable
list of 5 items
• Sound recovery on default audio device, preventing mute status and low volume. Recovery volume level configurable between 5 and 100 percent;
• day / night volume adjustment on a schedule, volume levels and time slots customisable;
• maximising of windows, option available for specifying window title exceptions;
• time announcements on the hour, on the half and on the quarter hour, chime with speech, chime only or disabled, all 24 hours configurable. Option to
specify user preferred chime sounds;
• all automated functions can be enabled or disabled, with detailed configuration options available to suit individual needs.
Individual hot keys for the following features
list of 10 items
• Open user guide in default browser;
• generate summary report of user settings;
• configuration window to specify user specific preferences for all features;
• temporarily unload program from memory;
• audio mixer input and output details;
• password generator, unique 10 character very strong password with each keystroke;
• calculation of word count on selected text in any editor or virtual buffer rendered text;
• extensive alphabetic list of Windows basic and advanced settings and applications;
• Increasing and decreasing master volume output with 5 percent increments, ascending / descending audio tones to indicate new level.
• Easily insert accented and other special characters in any editor.
General program characteristics
list of 9 items
• Automatic online check for program updates, can be disabled if desired. Manual check for updates option available;
• support for multiple user profiles on one system;
• status messages and time announcements via user preferred SAPI5 engine;
• user-friendly interface for changing SAPI5 voice parameters;
• support for same SAPI5 engine used with screen reader and program messages;
• optimised for NVDA screen reader;
• included dictionary file for NVDA to translate emoji symbols;
• small footprint;
• comprehensive user guide in HTML format.
Take care. Mike. Sennt from my iBarstool. Go Dodgers!
Weinberg's Second Law: If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would have destroyed civilization.
----- Original Message -----
From: Vicky Vaughan
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 5:46 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws and Stascom
Hi Mike, What is the Stascom program supposed to do and what about it particularly intrigues you?
Sincerely, Vicky V
I'm giving this Stascom program a go and so far I like it but, I get this message when doing certain tasks like restarting the computer:
The only option I get is Microsoft Anna in the notification settings. Can anyone tell the list how to change to a different speech engine / synthesizer than the SAPI5 Microsoft Anna? All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.