Re: Jaws and Stascom

Glenn / Lenny

I may have installed VW Paul a long time ago.

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws and Stascom

Hi Glenn,

I press, Control + 7, to open the configuration manager then go to, notification voice parameters, and I have no other options than Microsoft Anna.  I press, Control + Backspace, to find other settings options but, I can't find any other settings option to change the speech engine.  I' running Windows 7 and J16 at the moment.  Thank you for your input.

Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 8:08 PM

Mike,
If you run Stascome from the start menu, you can arrow down to configuration manager, and down the list is notification voice parameters.
There you can select a voice and more.
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 10:04 PM

Hi Mike,
I just looked at my Stascom configuration report, and it reads that my speech engine is VW Paul
Interesting report with a surprising amount of detail...
Stascom 2019 configuration report

Report generated on Monday, 22 April 2019 at 21:59

The main categories in this document are on level 2 headings. Where applicable, sub-categories are on level 3 headings.

-----

System information
list of 13 items
• Computer type: desktop
• Manufacturer: INTEL_
• Model: NUC5PPYB
• Serial number: 00371-OEM-9308404-21662
• Number of processors: 4
• Total physical memory: 5.92GB
• Free physical memory: 1.38GB
• Total virtual memory: 11.84GB
• Free virtual memory: 7.56GB
• OS version: WIN_7 (64 bit)
• Installation date: 24 January 2016 at 21:06:28
• Most recent system boot: 22 April 2019 at 10:54:37
• Logged on user: Lenny
list end
-----

General
list of 8 items
• Stascom 2019 compile date: 10 March 2019
• Run program at startup: enabled
• Program / dashboard shortcut on desktop: enabled
• Program / dashboard shortcut in StartMenu: enabled
• Copy word count result to clipboard: disabled
• Hotkeys for inserting accented and other special characters: enabled
• Automatically maximise application windows: enabled
• Modifiers for program hotkeys:
list of 2 items nesting level 1
• Modifier for home row 1 to 0 hotkeys: Control
• Volume adjustment with 5% intervals: Control+Windows+up / down arrow
list end nesting level 1
list end
-----

Birthday and memo reminders
list of 2 items
• Birthday and memo reminder alerts: audio and text
• If a reminder dialogue has not been acknowledged, repeat audio alert every 15 minutes: enabled
list end
-----

Program sounds
list of 5 items
• Birthday reminder sound: C:\Program Files\Stascom2019\audio\bd\hb.mp3
• Memo reminder sound: C:\Program Files\Stascom2019\audio\mr\mr.mp3
• On the hour chime sound: c:\program files\Stascom2019\audio\hc\OnTheHourChime.mp3
• On the half hour chime sound: c:\program files\Stascom2019\audio\hc\OnTheHalfHourChime.mp3
• On the quarter hour chime sound: c:\program files\Stascom2019\audio\hc\OnTheQuarterHourChime.mp3
list end
-----

Program notifications
list of 4 items
• Selected voice: VW Paul
• Speech rate: 1
• Volume level: 100%
• Personal name for program notifications: Glenn
list end
-----

Audio output
list of 6 items
• Default output device: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
• master volume level: 100.00%
• Minimum volume level: 5%
• Normalise volume level: 50%
• Low volume correction: disabled