Re: Combo box

Larry Volk

I have tried IE, Chrome and Edge and got the same result…maybe I should try Firefox again.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Don & Cher
Sent: April 22, 2019 12:38 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Combo box

I used to encounter one of these. If I opened the box with the alt-down as suggested (or pressed enter, then alt-down arrow) and quickly hit the first letter of the desired option, it would work. If you don’t know the options, this would not be helpful. I ended up using a different browser on that site- which helped solve the problem.

Cher

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Volk
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 1:23 PM

I am able to get into the list but I’m not able to scroll through the options. When I press the down arrow or a letter the first option gets selected and kicks me out of the list. Yes the Alt and down arrow does open the list but I’m still not able to scroll.

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of John R Vaughn
Sent: April 22, 2019 9:04 AM

Try using alt key plus down arrow to open combo box options.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Volk
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 10:39 AM
To: JAWS Group
Subject: [jaws-users] Combo box

I’ve ran into an issue with combo boxes on one website that I use. About one year ago they changed their lists to combo boxes and now I cannot scroll through the various options. I have tried using the mouse—(mouse echo on), routing JAWS to PC and routing Touch cursor to PC, nothing worked. Would anybody have any other suggestions to try?

Sorry about my last post on one of the threads, I didn’t know that my reply attached to the bottom rather than at the top.

Larry

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.