Re: PDF conversion software, recommendations?

JM Casey

Hey Tom.

Can you make any comments about version numbers as far as accessibility is concerned?

Does everything still work as well as it used to?

Although it might not be supported by the company, I’ll still get an old version if I have to.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Fairhurst
Sent: April 22, 2019 3:02 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] PDF conversion software, recommendations?

I use this program, and it works well.

Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 1:28 PM

Subject: Re: [jaws-users] PDF conversion software, recommendations?

Hey Adrian.

I’ve heard great things about Abbyy Finereader. The software costs somewhere in the $200 US range and is a full-fledged commercial oCR package that is supposed to work well with JAWS except in some areas. I haven’t yet gotten around to giving it a try, though.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: April 21, 2019 6:35 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] PDF conversion software, recommendations?

I used to have Omega to perform OCR, but a Google search indicates it’s no longer as highly rated as it used to be. I’ve just experimented with a free PDF converter, but it can’t convert PDF images to text. Sometimes, PDF files contain lots of text captured as images, so that one is no good.

I see no need for OpenBook. A commercial application ought to be good enough, so long as it works well with JAWS.

Suggestions?

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.