Re: top posting

joanne

Yes I agree. I always got annoyed when sighted people in groups would bottom-post and I had to scroll through. Fortunately I don't see as much as I once did but it can be really annoying trying to find the person's reply. Whenever I'd get an email saying "in a message dated" I knew exactly what was coming. I'm glad it's getting better now with most emails.

From: "Glenn / Lenny" <glennervin@cableone.net>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 1:11 PM
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] top posting

Hi,
Many, if not most sighted folk prefer bottom posting.
To them, it makes sense.
Sighted folk can simply look past all the past info and glance down to the
new information.
I think some Blind folk like to do this because they may feel that it
normalizes them to some degree because most sighted users do this.
I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a screenreader user who prefers
bottom-posting, because we are forced to reread the non-relevant information
at the top.
Usually when we read a message of a particular thread, we have been
following the thread and we just want to read the next reply and that is why
I call that non-relevant.
And if we come into a thread late, it is no big deal to arrow down to
discover what the above message was referring to.
I'm bringing this topic up because I have read some bottom-posted messages
on this list in the past and the moderators prefer that we top-post.