Re: reminders

Chris Chaffin

Hello Glenn,
I also use the Stascom Program, and I will also vouch for this great little program!  It does have a lot of nice little features including reminders.
I found out about this program from Mystic Access.  I would definitely recommend checking it out on the website.

Chris

On Apr 19, 2019, at 4:03 PM, Glenn / Lenny <glennervin@...> wrote:

There is a nice free program called Stascom which allows one to make reminders anywhere in Windows with a press of control + 2.
It comes with a lot of other features, like a talking clock.
It can be downloaded here:

https://www.stascom.co.za/stascom.html#content

You can't share appointments with others with Stascom like you can with Outlook, but Stascom is easy and pleasant to use.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] reminders

Hmmm… I’m still on the December build of JAWS 2019 here at work and not having issues yet with Outlook 365.  My version is Outlook Subscription Version 16.0.10730.20264.  Which version of Oultook are you on?  I was going to have IT put the latest version of JAWS 2019 on here, but maybe I’ll wait. I need those reminders!

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Anatoliy Shudrya
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 12:43 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I experienced same thing, ended up turning off reminders. It is pretty annoying when you can’t get rid of that pop up window and it keeps popping up.

Someware between JAWS 2018-2019 and latest outlook build, those buttons became unreadable… I am on Office 365 Outlook.

Anatoliy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of CJ &AA MAY
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 11:29 AM

I can enter items into the Outlook Calendar and get reminders but my current problem is that once I receive the reminder, I cannot currently access the snooze or delete buttons.

Anuy ideas?

Alison

calendar

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: 19 April 2019 16:39

Reminder alerts come from either a calendar entry for which you have told it to remind you at a certain time or from Task List items you have entered a reminder on.  In Outlook Options, you can set all calendar entries to have a default reminder, such as 15 minutes, and you can change this for a given entry when in the Meeting or Appointment view. 

If you want more instruction, be specific at what you are looking to do.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of sandy
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 6:59 AM

how do I set up reminders?

Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2019 4:50 AM

Subject: [jaws-users] reminders

I am using Windows 10 and Jaws 18.

Until recently I have been able to access the delete, snooze and other buttons when reminded of an appointed. Now Jaws notifies me of the appointment but pressing tab takes me nowhere. I have tried the shortcut keys too, like alt d for delete, but still without success. Any ideas?

Alison

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.