From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Greg Wocher
Sent: July 21, 2018 2:56 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Working with Google Sheets?

Hello,

I believe you need to turn off the JAWS virtual cursor to work with the sheet. You do this by using the command JAWS key plus z. Once you turn off the cursor you will need to use the tab key to move around to find the sheet.

Greg Wocher

On Jul 21, 2018, at 1:22 PM, JM Casey <crystallogic@...> wrote:

Hi everyone.

I’m using JAWS 18 on a Windows 10 machine, and my preferred browser is Firefox (52 ESR at the moment), though I’m open to using Chrome or even IE if necessary.

I’ve been asked to do some simple work on a group’s Google sheet. It involves signing off music promos and, I think, moving them to the “assigned” worksheet. I haven’t really worked with these before, but I do remember looking at a calendar that was done using this a few years ago and thinking it was fairly accessible. However, now, trying to access this spreadsheet, I literally am getting nothing out of it. I’m definitely planning to experiment more, but I’m a little busy this weekend and wondered if others on the list might be able to give me some pointers. I can see with the jAWS cursor that there is data of some kind on the sheet but arrowing around normally, using the tab key, etc, gives me nothing. I was able to find a list of keyboard shortcuts, so that’s a start I guess. Any experiences or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!